LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Taris Upper City Emporium (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645)
-   -   [KOTOR] Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=213683)

Fallen Guardian 02-17-2014 11:32 PM

Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework

Toasty Fresh recently released his Weapon Model Overhaul, which replaced nearly all the low poly weapons with pristine new models and textures. However, I liked the idea of the textures for the weapons matching the game's original icons more closely than they did (or, in some cases, weapons being more varied than they were) so I set about editing Toasty Fresh's textures to make them look more like the original game's icons. And, with Toasty Fresh's permission, I am now releasing my work.

ReadMe
Show spoiler

Screenshots

Ranged Weapons
Show spoiler

Melee Weapons
Show spoiler

If the pictures aren't working you can look here for the melee weapons, and here for the ranged weapons.

(NOTE: In order for this mod to work properly you must download Toasty Fresh's Weapon Model Overhaul and install it first.)

MediaFire Link: DOWNLOAD
Deadly Stream Link: DOWNLOAD
ModDB Link: DOWNLOAD
Nexus Link: DOWNLOAD

milestails 02-18-2014 12:16 AM

Yay for collabs!

Sith Holocron 02-18-2014 03:31 AM

Waiting on you to upload it to Deadly Stream, FG!

Red Hessian 02-18-2014 05:23 AM

Yes! That's just what I was looking for - Toasty Fresh's models combined with vanilla-esque textures. Great job FG!

Xarwarz 02-18-2014 11:53 AM

Great idea for original enthusiast

Sithspecter 02-18-2014 12:59 PM

Really nice work FG!

Phildevil 02-18-2014 02:42 PM

I cannot see any of these pictures. Any alternate link?

Nevermind: these seems to work:
http://lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=848
http://lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=847

milestails 02-18-2014 03:30 PM

Thanks for the link Phildevil.

Wow this is top notch stuff!

Did anyone ever know about Teta's Blade? First time I've ever encountered that melee weapon. Where in K1 is it located? Same goes for Massassi Brand.

CptPriceless 02-18-2014 07:55 PM

Nice job buddy. :) Really nice stuff.

GeorgNihilus 02-18-2014 10:14 PM

Wow ... sooo good I checked the TUCE today ...

first another thumbs up here to Phildevil for those links ... :thmbup1:

I think I will take "borrowed" a bunch of these FGs' mixing them with Toasty's textures ... possibly leaving a ... 60% Toasty's 40% FG's final distribution in my Override ... :brow:

if you both (FG/Toasty) allow me (& agree with the 'distribution'), that is :lol:

haha ... thx a lot, "again" ... :golfclap:

P.S. wait a sec ... wasn't this a textures mod? why all these utis and models? utis required for all these "additional" txis probably, FG?? :raise:

Fallen Guardian 02-18-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milestails (Post 2843337)
Yay for collabs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Hessian (Post 2843342)
Yes! That's just what I was looking for - Toasty Fresh's models combined with vanilla-esque textures. Great job FG!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xarwarz (Post 2843346)
Great idea for original enthusiast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CptPriceless (Post 2843360)
Nice job buddy. :) Really nice stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sithspecter (Post 2843347)
Really nice work FG!

Thanks all of you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by milestails (Post 2843351)

Did anyone ever know about Teta's Blade? First time I've ever encountered that melee weapon. Where in K1 is it located? Same goes for Massassi Brand.

Thanks! I've never actually seen Teata's blade or the Massassi brand, if I remember correctly. I'm doing a run through of KotOR right now actually, so I'll keep my eyes open.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith Holocron (Post 2843341)
Waiting on you to upload it to Deadly Stream, FG!

Uploaded it now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildevil (Post 2843348)
I cannot see any of these pictures. Any alternate link?

Nevermind: these seems to work:
http://lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=848
http://lucasforums.com/album.php?albumid=847

Huh, didn't realize the pictures weren't working for some. I'll add those links into my original post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgNihilus (Post 2843361)
first another thumbs up here to Phildevil for those links ... :thmbup1:

I think I will take "borrowed" a bunch of these FGs' mixing them with Toasty's textures ... possibly leaving a ... 60% Toasty's 40% FG's final distribution in my Override ... :brow:

if you both (FG/Toasty) allow me (& agree with the 'distribution'), that is :lol:

haha ... thx a lot, "again" ... :golfclap:

P.S. wait a sec ... wasn't this a textures mod? why all these utis and models? utis required for all these "additional" txis probably, FG?? :raise:

Haha, thanks. As for the models, UTIs and TXIs, they're needed to work in some of my changes and new variations.

Phildevil 02-19-2014 01:33 AM

Will you do this for TSL too, Fallen Guardian?

GeorgNihilus 02-19-2014 03:45 PM

Nope ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by milestails (Post 2843351)

I think I once got the massassi brand ... but it was SOOOOO long ago :p

just edit a merchant file (utm) and add it/them to the one of your preference ... according to when u want to "find" these items in your playthrough ...

or ... if u have time ... check each utm file to see if one of the merchants actually does sell one of these ... :raise: (I'm too lazy to do it right now :xp:)

hope that helps :smoke2:

Fallen Guardian 02-19-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phildevil (Post 2843367)
Will you do this for TSL too, Fallen Guardian?

Yeah, when Toasty Fresh releases his TSL version of Weapon Model Overhaul I'll release a version of this for TSL.

aadrenter 02-19-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian (Post 2843392)
Yeah, when Toasty Fresh releases his TSL version of Weapon Model Overhaul I'll release a version of this for TSL.

Wow FG, these are really great. Going to make a permanent addition to my override. Can't wait for TSL version! :D

Christos K 02-20-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Guardian (Post 2843392)

Great! :) Was just about to ask.

Dirtnose 02-23-2014 08:11 AM

I don't post that much here anymore, but I wanted to come in and say that this mod is fantastic. The weapons looks great, and they all look really good! I look forward to the TSL version.

Thank you to both Fallen Guardian and Toasty Fresh for your hard work.