LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Jedi Outcast (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   I have JK2!! (Lame Joke) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=34986)

Wicket the Ewok 03-21-2002 05:04 AM

I have JK2!!

Picked it up on the way to work from Logic in Melbourne. Box looks very cool.

Can't wait to get home and play it!!

:ewok:

TigZy 03-21-2002 05:07 AM

suuuuure.

Yautja 03-21-2002 05:41 AM

believeable, its being released apparently, here in australia tmorrow. even thought i thought it was the 25th hehe.

Ulic Quel Droma 03-21-2002 05:42 AM

I have it too, i also have KOTOR and SW Galaxies _:rolleyes:

[sico] 03-21-2002 06:05 AM

gaaa! plz post a screenshot of the menu to backup your wild claim!

Wicket the Ewok 03-21-2002 06:55 AM

OK, played it for 10 minutes.

It's pretty good, I would say more but I don't really want to ruin it for other people. Shame it runs like a dog on my system (P3-800, 256MB RAM, Voodoo3 5500). :( :( :(

How do attach images to my posts? Is the only way to upload it to some webspace and link to it?

[sico] 03-21-2002 06:59 AM

send it to silv@uomail.com and ill put it on my webspace for you

milestone 03-21-2002 07:16 AM

Did they have the CE where you got it from Wicket? I've being eyeing it, but from what I've read, the Aussie one doesn't seem to have any mention of including DF and JK. Did you manage to see if they did? In any case I'll still probably get it tomorrow if it does reach the EBs.

Oh yeh, and thanx for trying not to ruin it. I know a lot of people who would have splurted out the beginning most likely ruining the intro and beginning areas (usually some of the best in many games).

Broode 03-21-2002 07:39 AM

If it doesn't run well, run your resolution down, or turn off some of them fancy dealies. The thing thats letting you down is probably your videocard, seeing as how 3dfx went bankrupt and can't make any more drivers.

If its out over there, how long would it take to get to Perth?

(oh yeah, and good luck getting a responce from him, he'll probably be playing it to death right about now)

GonkH8er 03-21-2002 07:49 AM

either that or send it to music2@bigpond.net.au

you can send as many as you want there.

ill whack em up asap. they wont be able to be news though... at the moment..

Pedro The Hutt 03-21-2002 08:10 AM

*seriously doubts the honosty level of this Ewok*

Shark747 03-21-2002 08:17 AM

Oh this sucks so bad if this is true. Not that they get it a week early, just that everybody else gets it a week later. Oh, and I think this would require a beat down if he is lying. :D j/k

Yautja 03-21-2002 08:24 AM

sweet.
when he puts em up gonk, send us the url

Jedimaster74 03-21-2002 08:33 AM

I don't think that many people on here believe your claim Wicked about having JediKnight 2. Why don't you post some screenies of the main menu and the internet browser section of the game. To make a long story short. We are not going to believe you unless we see proof.

nykel007 03-21-2002 09:25 AM

neat joke bub.....

Either yoou work for LEC/Raven, or there is something wrong with time on this side of the planent. Some proof is needed here.

MustangMatt302 03-21-2002 09:33 AM

BEAT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY $|-|iT, the US is stuck in a time lapse. Anyways, you Aussies still gonna get a nice ole' beat down, nothing but blood and pulp. :mad:

:jango:

If he's telling the truth, take pics, nothing less.

The Wibble 03-21-2002 09:39 AM

Quote:

Picked it up on the way to work from Logic in Melbourne. Box looks very cool.
http://www.jasontush.btinternet.co.uk/liar.jpg

MustangMatt302 03-21-2002 09:43 AM

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent work, Wibble. HAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nykel007 03-21-2002 09:45 AM

One more thing he said that concerns me, how could it 'run like a dog' with the specs he has ' P3 800 ......' somethigs not right here.:eyeraise:

RichyBoy 03-21-2002 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nykel007

One more thing he said that concerns me, how could it 'run like a dog' with the specs he has ' P3 800 ......' somethigs not right here.
Quite easily seeing as how he's got a Voodoo 3 with drivers that probably haven't been updated for well over a year. To be honest I'm surprised he can run it all on that card - of course, that's if he actually has got it!

Shark747 03-21-2002 09:51 AM

It may be the vid card that slows him down....but then again; I've never seen a Voodoo3 5500.

The Wibble 03-21-2002 09:54 AM

I dont think its his machine that is dog slow, its his brain. He would have to be very simple minded to think we would just believe him without proof

RichyBoy 03-21-2002 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shark747

It may be the vid card that slows him down....but then again; I've never seen a Voodoo3 5500.

Yeah, I was just going to say that too. There is no such thing as a Voodoo 3 5500. There is a Voodoo 3 3500 (the model with TV-OUT I think). Either that, or he has a Voodoo 5 5500, in which case he shouldn't have all that much trouble running the game on his system. Of course, he could just be totally full of bull :D. I hope not - but until we see some scans/screenshots we just don't know...

Jedimaster74 03-21-2002 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Wibble
I dont think its his machine that is dog slow, its his brain. He would have to be very simple minded to think we would just believe him without proof
I second that Notion.

nemis 03-21-2002 10:09 AM

He's not lying

I'm getting the game tomorrow, Can't wait, gona skip uni for this.
It's time to become a jedi... U americans are just gona have to wait, cuz we are in the future.

thrEEpaGe 03-21-2002 10:15 AM

riiight...well regardless of how much earlier you do in fact get the game, i take great comfort in the fact that you could not touch me in the game no matter how much of a head start you have

=)

The Wibble 03-21-2002 10:16 AM

WTF is all this Anti-American poo about that his risen on the boards. I don't ever recall the Americans bragging on this board when they thought they were getting it first (they still might be). Now that another country is getting it its all "ha ha, we get it first"

Stop it children, I really doubt anywhere will have it tomorrow. If there are places that have it early then good for you but lets not be an ass about it.

Scrobes 03-21-2002 10:16 AM

Not everyone is an American here. ;)

And great first post there.. will definitely curry favor with everyone. :D

Roger 03-21-2002 11:40 AM

We're all human beings :D

Back to topic.... is he speeking the truth? Does he have the game? If so, we want to see proof!!!

:evanpiel:

RichyBoy 03-21-2002 12:28 PM

I'm beginning to seriously doubt it. He first posted that he had the game and had played it over 5 hours ago, and yet he still hasn't posted any screens/hard info. Even just replicating what the back of the box says might make us more inclined to believe him without having to give away any major spoilers (even though something like that would be easy to make up ;))

Also, about an hour or so ago, I was refreshing the forum topic list a few times over a ten minute period to check for new posts. Wicket was listed in the members browsing the forum list for a while, yet he didn't make any more posts. Why on earth was he just browsing the forums for gossip when he could have actually been playing the game?

I know that it's possible he may have been offended by people doubting him if he does actually have the game, especially with things like that modified "Liar Liar" poster above (funny though it was :D). If I was in his position though, the first thing I would do is post some screenshots or info (or even just describe the back cover/CD design etc.) to prove myself. Then, if people still didn't believe me, I'd take great pleasure in gloating over them when they all found out I was right.

nykel007 03-21-2002 12:38 PM

And how come he hasn't replyed yet?

Fin 03-21-2002 12:43 PM

he's playing, what else :rolleyes:

RichyBoy 03-21-2002 12:48 PM

Well, it's about 3:40 am in Australia at the moment, so I guess he's probably asleep. If I had the game though, I'd be wide awake playing it until I fainted from sleep deprevation. However as I said, he was browsing an hour or two ago, and didn't see fit to post anything then. We shall see...

Also, it means that we've only got about 6 hours until we find out whether or not all those Australian games shops were winding up our Aussie friends about the game being out today :D .

JaG|Kaiser 03-21-2002 12:50 PM

so do I! :D

Hoowl 03-21-2002 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RichyBoy
Also, about an hour or so ago, I was refreshing the forum topic list a few times over a ten minute period to check for new posts. Wicket was listed in the members browsing the forum list for a while, yet he didn't make any more posts. Why on earth was he just browsing the forums for gossip when he could have actually been playing the game?
elementary dear Richyboy :)

MustangMatt302 03-21-2002 01:15 PM

Time to..............

I think we should kick him in the nads for such tom-foolery ScheiB.

*warms up for the field goal kick into Wicket's groin* :D

"Damn, I'm glad I'm a soccer player. I knew these strong legs had a destiny to fullfill, besides soccer!"

TUS_Tomcat 03-21-2002 01:18 PM

he's fake...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=35011

Ron1jed 03-21-2002 01:18 PM

so is it out?

StormHammer 03-21-2002 02:19 PM

This thread is apparently a hoax...and Wicket the Ewok has apologised in another thread.

I have to say, this kind of thing being posted this soon before the game is due for release is a bit unfair on the other members who visit these boards. If it had been posed on April 1st...well, fair's fair. But as can be seen by the inflammatory remarks that have started to appear in this thread - now deleted - (and ran rife in the other thread), it only breeds ill-feeling.

So, if any other joking threads of this nature are posted prior to the game's release, they will simply be locked or deleted - like this one. :cool: