LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Jedi Outcast (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Don't ball me out, but... (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=40171)

JekRendar 04-06-2002 06:30 PM

Don't ball me out, but...

How do you taunt in MP? Ya know the, laugh and the "may the force be with you"

Thanks, oh yeah, PS sollow your pride and tell me you missed me!

Craggeh 04-06-2002 06:33 PM

/bind x "+taunt"

Emon 04-06-2002 08:46 PM

Wrong.

The correct command is:

/bind x +taunt

Replace X with the key you want the taunt to be bound to, I have mine on O. You may be able to set it to one of the F# keys but you'll have to figure out the right code for it. For example I think for page down it's pgdn or something.

Essobie 04-06-2002 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Emon
Wrong.

The correct command is:

/bind x +taunt

Replace X with the key you want the taunt to be bound to, I have mine on O. You may be able to set it to one of the F# keys but you'll have to figure out the right code for it. For example I think for page down it's pgdn or something.

What's wrong about /bind x "+taunt"? It's actually a more standard way of binding something... especially if you want to get all crazy with it and add more stuff to do on one bind.

Try...

/bind x "+taunt; say ^1Look what I can do!^7"

Essobie

Craggeh 04-06-2002 09:12 PM

It must be great to have the confidence to condemn something without doing any prior research.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ^___________^

MangelDisziplin 04-06-2002 09:30 PM

JekRendar 04-09-2002 04:19 PM

BUMP!

Actually, I was referring to sound taunts!!!

Immortal LuD 04-09-2002 04:21 PM

That is a sound/animation taunt you BOZO! :p

Master Spiff 04-09-2002 04:26 PM

I pity the fool who may not know everything in here.

You get your a$$ handed to you real quick.

Kurgan 04-09-2002 04:31 PM

bind x +button3

In SP, it's a spinning weapon animation, in MP, each character has an audio taunt plus the "come hither" hand motion.

As far as I know there are no other taunts, although there is a cheat in SP called "victory" that makes Kyle say "Just taking care of business."

JaG|Kaiser 04-09-2002 04:50 PM

I wish they had more taunts, although the Greedo (sp?) one is pretty cool.

JediMouse 04-09-2002 05:36 PM

Don't forget to turn it off.

If you're binding a key to +taunt, it means that when you press that key, the system believes that the button that does taunt is being pressed down. It doesn't understand that that key is released until it receives the -taunt command. I discovered this when I was setting up a taunt key bind last night, and have since seen it all over these forums today.

Therefore, the better taunt key bind would be (say you're binding to key 't'):

bind t +taunt;-taunt

That way, when you press and release t, it does the taunt once, rather than continuously.

<+taunt>~JediMouse~<-taunt>

Divine Spirit 04-09-2002 05:42 PM

this has probably been posted somewhere else but i cant find it and i think this is a good place to post it so...

how do u bind a letter? :confused: :confused:

JediMouse 04-09-2002 05:51 PM

Can you access the console? Good. Then let's proceed.

Bring down the console.
Type the command you wish to execute, in this case 'bind <key> <command>.
For instance, 'bind t +taunt;-taunt' as in the message above. Type this without the quotes.
Hit enter.

That's it. Now remove the console, and try it by pressing the key you bound, and it'll perform the command you bound to it.

~JediMouse~

Crack 6K 04-09-2002 05:52 PM

In-game, binding a button to "+taunt" will play the taunt once and stop itself. A + function only repeats itself if written in the console. If it is loaded by a CFG file or bound to a key in the console, it's OK, just like "+attack". In the console, if you write "+taunt" by itself (without the quotes), it will repeat until you write "-taunt". Otherwise, if you load a CFG, you can just do bind x "+taunt", instead of bind x "+taunt; -taunt".

Divine Spirit 04-09-2002 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JediMouse
Can you access the console? Good. Then let's proceed.

Bring down the console.
Type the command you wish to execute, in this case 'bind <key> <command>.
For instance, 'bind t +taunt;-taunt' as in the message above. Type this without the quotes.
Hit enter.

That's it. Now remove the console, and try it by pressing the key you bound, and it'll perform the command you bound to it.

~JediMouse~

thanks! and to you Crack 6k

but will i only have to do this command once forever?or will i have to do it everytime i open the game or everytime i go into MP or what?

thanks!

Monnnster 04-09-2002 06:10 PM

You only need to bind it once. I also don't know what these guys are talking about, /bind o +taunt works fine. It doesn't keep going over and over. I don't need a -taunt.

Divine Spirit 04-09-2002 06:15 PM

thanks!

Hiteche5 04-09-2002 06:46 PM

Essobie...you da man

BTW...for all of you that don't know him Essobie is pretty good at this binding and scripting stuff.

Crack 6K 04-09-2002 09:14 PM

HA! Essobie? RA2 Essobie? Hey, I was a big fan of yours back when Q2 was going strong....