Don't Flood This Forum (Everyone Read!)
I don't want to sound like a kill-joy or anything, and this is in no way intended as a means to stifling the great posts we've been seeing lately. Most people have conducted themselves with great civility and we've had a lot of fun since the release of the game on these forums. I do not wish to discourage that community spirit or enthusiasm in posting.
Rather, I would just like to take this time to entreat our new visitors and others who may not be familiar with all of our forums to take a look at our general policy.
The Valley of the Jedi Forum is a general JK2 forum, however it is not a "catch all" forum since we have a variety of other boards for more specific topics. Many of these forums are better suited to certain topics that get repeated over and over.
We as moderators and admins take our jobs seriously (as seriously as one can take a volunteer hobby for a fan site) and try to make sure that threads are put into the forums where they fit best.
What we ask of you is simple...
If you wish to start a new thread, take a look at the forum descriptions first. Post it in the forum that best fits the topic.
This is good because it:
1) Prevents admins/mods wasting time moving/merging off-topic threads to those forums.
2) Encourages people to visit other forums and not spend all their time sifting through a huge mountain of topics in the Valley of the Jedi.
3) Gives people visiting those other forums something to read, since they go there looking for specific topics.
4) Avoids cluttering up the Valley and pushing on-topic threads off the page, where they may get ignored. This also avoids people posting double, because they forget to look back a few pages to see an identical topic.
The search option is not always turned on, due to bandwidth considerations, so this is something we just have to deal with.
There are NUMEROUS forums for posting. Our goal is to make it easy for people to get to the posts they want to read.
- If you want to post about how you think the Force Balance needs to be changed, or the saber fighting needs to be improved, post it in either GAME FEEDBACK or EDITING (if you want to make a mod to change gameplay).
- If you have a mod idea or created a skin and want feedback, post it in one of the Mod or EDITING forums.
- If you have an "Honor Code" or rant about Multiplayer tactics, or question about how to counter a certain force power, post it in the STRATEGY forums (MULTIPLAYER and SINGLE PLAYER respectively).
- If you have a tech problem, post in the TECHNICAL HELP and hardware related forums. Keep in mind that we are not LEC/Raven, but sometimes you can get responses from LEC/Raven people who read the forums. Often it's better to consult the official documentation that comes with your game and/or is available on the official sites (www.ravensoft.com, www.lucasarts.com) first before asking questions. Many common problems can also be solved by getting the latest drivers for your video/sound card(s).
- If you have a problem with a post and want a moderator to see it, click on the "report abuse" link that appears in every thread or email us directly) This saves having to post "Hey ____ ban this person/delete this person's thread!" Contacting moderators directly is much more effectively than posting multiple threads trying to get our attention. If email isn't an option, PM (private messaging) works well too.
Stuff like this I feel is common sense, but new users may be unfamiliar, so this is your friendly reminder.
If you have questions, feel free to email some of our staff about it, we'd be happy to help!
One last thing, about sending us files, we encourage this as well, and I encourage these folks to also be patient. We work very hard to post the files we are sent, but we are sent a LOT of files, so it isn't always instantaneous. ; )
We are thankful for your support of this site and helping to make it a great one for the JK2 community at large, and hope we can continue to provide content and fun as well.
Enjoy your stay...
i was kind of wondering, but since you have the single player/multiplayer strategy forums and the feedback and editing forums...and game feedback....what are we supposed to talk about exactly in here? =P
Use your imagination!
I can think of lots of things we can talk about....
Storylines, fan fiction, favorite things to do in the game, funny screenshots, demo files, fun polls, reviews (that don't fit into gamefeedback of course), etc....
YODA'S SWAMP is a great place to discuss "general" stuff, JK2 and non JK2 as well. In the future, it may be that some of our general forums won't be needed, but that's looking ahead. For now, we have these other forums, why not use them? ; )
StormHammer makes some excellent comments on a related topic as well here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...threadid=39026
it was kind of a rhetorical question, but i see what you are saying....i just kind of think its a little strange to separate the single player and multiplayer strategy out from the valley...but thats just me...you guys probably have more statistics and stuff to back your decision...im just a lowly user =P
It wasn't my decision, but I supported it, since it's what the majority of the mods and admins wanted. Basically we do this to make it easier for people to find the posts they want to read.
If we didn't care about that, we'd just have one forum, the Valley and everything would get posted there. I think we can agree that would be too unweildy and it would be next to impossible to find a thread in all that mess, as it would get pushed back almost immediately with all the posting we get.
Kurgan you're such a kill-joy!! :rolleyes: :D j/k i have noticed this happening a lot lately and im glad you posted about it, maybe you wanna make this thread sticky also, just an idea...
a round for all the mods for their great work :p
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.