LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Jedi Outcast (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Sabers (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=45021)

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 07:10 AM

Sabers

I was browsing another forum(Penny Arcade forum I think) when I found this Link and thought some of you guys would get a kick out of it. I can personally attest for these things(Received one from a relative for one holiday or another). They are damn near indestructable. When told how durable the company said it was, I actively tried to break it, and the damn thing is still tickin'.

By the way, the pictures of them do not do them justice, they're absolutely beautiful.

enDless_Deliriu 04-19-2002 07:20 AM

by relatively indestructible..do you mean I could buy two, give one to someone, and then attack them with it without breaking it?

Or do you mean the handle is nearly indestructable?

just curious you know.. :) I want one so badly.

I loved the "not associated with Lucas Films, all are original designs" and half of them look like direct rips from the film. Don't remember the name but they had Luke's saber in there, also had one that kinda looked like Kyles.

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 07:22 AM

They are designed for you to "Duel" with them - both the "blade" and the hilt can and will take alot of sh*t.

I hang mine over my bed for a nice reading light sometimes. Green is the brightest.

This is the one I got(but mines green:))
http://www.parksabers.com/newpics/8.jpg

Ascari 04-19-2002 07:28 AM

I am so getting one of these!!!

well 2 actually. Need someone to fight against.

JK_Morovski 04-19-2002 07:28 AM

what actually powers them?

and how long does *the power source* last

The Truthful Liar 04-19-2002 07:34 AM

hey, cool sabers - they should do something like "Force not included" =)

enDless_Deliriu 04-19-2002 07:35 AM

Con. Snake...I want you to know, that..I love you

I need at least 2 of those..possibly more :)

The Truthful Liar 04-19-2002 07:37 AM

Oh and question:

Do all the sabers HAVE to have those red "cap" thingies on the ends? That makes them look silly =P

EDIT: HOLY COW - $265.00!! for one saber! :eek:

obijonkenobi 04-19-2002 07:37 AM

Damnit I wish I had the money to buy one! Im in australia so the cost is almost double that of the american price. (basicly one american dollar can buy you a small car in australia! lol)

If I could I would buy every sabre there with every colour combination! (thats a lot of sabres! hehe)

Ascari 04-19-2002 07:38 AM

Whohaa, a bit costy? :)

Are they really worth it?
By that I mean if they dont break if I get in a Saber lock :)

The Truthful Liar 04-19-2002 07:39 AM

That would suck if it broke while you were dueling a friend... maybe they have a warranty for (month-year) so you can return it and they will fix/give you a new one. =]

enDless_Deliriu 04-19-2002 07:41 AM

One more question (would be too nervous buying one to try breaking it without someone else also having done it..of course, if I destroyed it I could sue for false advertising and get a new one :) )

Anyhow, just how hard did you try to break it? Did you go at it with a hammer? Or just slam it as hard as you could against the floor? Or did you go full jedi and block bullets with it?

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 07:55 AM

Quote:

Body: Laser-cut stainless steel outer housing
(Echelon only).

T-6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum
machined to close tolerances.

Streamline Design

Blade: True 360° EL (electro-luminescent) lamp

¾" o.d. x ½" i.d. polycarbonite blade housing

Electro-Luminescent / Indiglo™ Lamp

40" Long blade (36" out of the saber hilt).

Easily detachable.

Strongly secured.

Virtually unbreakable.

Blades come in the following colors*: green, blue, yellow, orange and a reddish pink (listed in order of intensity). *Echelon color is only available in teal.(Hmmm looks awfully green to me)

Battery: One 9V Battery (Provided with Ignition Models)
Switch: Force Touch™ activation switch
mounted to circuit board
LED's: Strobing 10 LED bar-graph and blinking arrow indicators
Warranty: 30-day warranty against manufacturer defects.
5-day customer satisfaction warranty
Manufacturing Time: 6 to 8 weeks - PLEASE BE PATIENT
[Remember, these are made by hand.]
That should answer most of the questions, I found it on their "High Tech Features Page". As for how hard I've tried, I've slammed it on corners of a building(Civic Center) made of concrete, hit it with all sorts of tools, and what not, all with all my strength(I'm a rather strong fellow) and the fking thing is still going. I think I'd have to run it over with a steam roller to break it.

And yeah, it cost alot, but cmon ITS STAR WARS for crying out loud :) I'm lucky, mine was a gift :p I'd buy a Darth Maul type saber if the guy was ever to design one.

And about the red tip, yes it comes on all of them, but ya know what, that is way easy to break off(its just plain orange plastic).

Quote:

If I could I would buy every sabre there with every colour combination! (thats a lot of sabres! hehe)
Hmmm got any family In America that owes any favors?

Ascari 04-19-2002 07:59 AM

But dont u harm the saber by taking that top off?

edit:

btw, didnt u scratch the saber when u smashed it against the building?

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 08:03 AM

No, the blade is hella strong, breaking the orange plastic with puny Pliers is of no concern to the mighty blade. I am pretty sure a bullet will hurt it. Like toy guns, the plastic tips are on there, because the laws say they have to be there.

***Edit Yes, but the scratch is so small, you have to have your face 2 inches from the blade, and actively looking for it to notice.

enDless_Deliriu 04-19-2002 08:04 AM

It's probably there for cosmetic purposes like the orange ring on the barrels of toy guns. basically just screams out to people "I'm not a REAL lightsaber, don't worry, you're safe..unless I hit you really hard and bludgeon you to death..but then I'd get blood on my new pretty saber wouldn't I?" or something like that..possibly with none of the stuff after 'you're safe'

Toa Tahu 04-19-2002 08:07 AM

Wow!

Handsome things always cost handsome prices.
This applies too,in this thing.
If I had the money,all seven would have been mine.
I just wonder what makes them so expensive.It's crazy.

Ascari 04-19-2002 08:09 AM

And if u remove the orange top.

There are no marks left on the Saber??

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 08:11 AM

Let me put it this way:

/grabs saber

/looks at tip

Not on mine.

Ascari 04-19-2002 08:12 AM

And the top isnt there for other reasons?

For instance, maybe the saber is fragile on top ?

ps.

Sorry for all these posts. But I really think of buying one :)

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 08:17 AM

No, it has no function. It is only there because our laws state that all fake weapons are to have that on the tip, or it is illegal to sell them.

No need to feel sorry, I'm most likely the only one of the bunch of us that has one, and I brought it up to you guys, thus its my duty to answer these questions.

BTW, Con. Snake = Consolidated Snake - Board wouldn't let me have my full name.

Ascari 04-19-2002 08:24 AM

Great thanks dewd!

edit:

U dont happen to have msn/icq do u?

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 09:06 AM

I keep my contact information private, because...well because I like my privacy, which is why I don't know why I'm going to do this.

ICQ Number: 150892398

MSN Messenger: BarkingSquirrel1@hotmail.com

DarthMark 04-19-2002 09:06 AM

can u take off the orange/red cap thing

DarthMark 04-19-2002 09:08 AM

cud sum1 design the malestrom 1 for me for JK2
it looks cool

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 09:13 AM

...The orange tip is easily removed, causes no harm to the saber, and causes no harm to the functionality of the saber to do so.

And now, Consolidated Snake is off to Play some JK2 Multiplayer.

Over_burn_jedi 04-19-2002 09:26 AM

Wow

And I thught only Lucas could make sabers.

This is some work

6-8 weeks and $300- price tag is a small price to pay to get a saber you can actually duel with...

nice...

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 10:55 AM

Lucas makes LightSabers. Parks make Sabers :)

HBK 04-19-2002 11:31 AM

Consolidated, nice way to to consolidate your name.

check out http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/saber/ and build your own. Though, without the blade.

There are other sites, this was just th efirst one I found. Go to any search engine and type in 'build a lightsabre' or something like that. I use Web Ferret.

HBK

Con. Snake 04-19-2002 11:35 AM

Okay, everyone - Ignore everything I said. HBK found something better. Good catch HBK kudos.

WanderingKnight 04-19-2002 11:17 PM

I'm not sure if these sabres are actually going to be that good for actual dueling...

Quote:

The Echelon™ Saber, and or any other Saber is not intended for simulated sword play or fencing. Parks™ Sabers should never be thrown or swung around people, pets, or property. It should not be worn during any kind of physical activity including running, jumping, or walking down stairs. These statements are for the protection of the owner. Parks™ Sabers accepts no liability in the misuse of its products.

Beckett 04-20-2002 01:47 AM

maybe I can talk Parks into a cheaper deal cause he's in Dallas, and hey! I'm in dallas too. I think I'll atleast go check out his selection.

Con. Snake 04-20-2002 01:50 AM

That's just a Disclaimer to cover their ass. Besides, HBK made it all Null.

grandmasterlee 04-20-2002 02:18 AM

Sound?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I would need the sound when you activate the saber and the hummmmmmmmm. Even the old plastic toy sabers had the hum when you swung them.

Those are damn cool, with sound they would be complete.

panacea 04-20-2002 07:26 AM

But it doesn't cut things.

Coronog 04-20-2002 08:31 AM

Guys, if you're really looking for some real duelling fun, check out these badarse blades. They (most of them) cost less, and they really do the damage. I know they don't have anything to do with Star Wars, but I'd bet my balls they are much more fun than those little plastic sabers (no offense to the big saber-supporters here).

HBK 04-20-2002 08:43 AM

WOOHOO, I got props twice in 1 thread! Tnx Con. Snake.

I'd like to try and build one of those sabres. The parts seem cheap, I'll probably get them and put it together over the course of a long time. If I ever finish I'll post a picture. Don't hold your breath.

HBK

Ascari 04-20-2002 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Coronog
Guys, if you're really looking for some real duelling fun, check out these badarse blades. They (most of them) cost less, and they really do the damage. I know they don't have anything to do with Star Wars, but I'd bet my balls they are much more fun than those little plastic sabers (no offense to the big saber-supporters here).

LITTLE PLASTIC SABERS??

my god have u even been to the site!?!?

BlueJedi 04-20-2002 12:38 PM

I'm a little late to this thread...

But holy sh!t! These things are amazing! That Malestrom one with the blue accent sure does me justice!

Damn, these things have got to be amazing, Con. Snake, thanks for posting these...even if its just a dream to actually own one.

And...Coronog...we are not looking to be a KNIGHT here, we wanna feel like JEDI knights...what the hell are u doing posting medievil swards?

Yay...King Arthur!

:saberb: BlueJedi

Con. Snake 04-20-2002 12:44 PM

Heh, HBK I never thought of that because I have absolute zero building skills :) So I'm gonna have to buy one so I have a pair.