LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Jedi Outcast (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   *SPOILER* In Attack of the Clones (about lightsabers) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=54171)

Hoth 05-15-2002 03:02 PM

*SPOILER* Suggestion for Sabers Based on Attack of the Clones

Just saw it at the movies (midnight session here in Sydney).

Count Dooku sends a bolt at Obi Wan and his saber blocks it fairly easily.

Next patch Raven? :)

Hoth

Khaydarin 05-15-2002 03:15 PM

How good is the movie ??? I hope it ain t suxx as ep I

Legend Of Khaydarin

Hoth 05-15-2002 03:18 PM

I just saw it at a midnight session here in Sydney.

I'd give it 7.5 out of 10.

It is better than Phantom Menace...kinda. I won't say too much because I don't want to ruin it for people.

One thing I will say is this. The saber fight in it sucks compared to Phantom Menace. I hear Lucas severely edited it :(

On the positive side, I think Hayden Cristensen does a great job covering the wide range of emotions Anakin has to portray in the film.

Hoth

Brodieman 05-15-2002 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hoth
I just saw it at a midnight session here in Sydney.

I'd give it 7.5 out of 10.

It is better than Phantom Menace...kinda. I won't say too much because I don't want to ruin it for people.

One thing I will say is this. The saber fight in it sucks compared to Phantom Menace. I hear Lucas severely edited it :(

On the positive side, I think Hayden Cristensen does a great job covering the wide range of emotions Anakin has to portray in the film.

Hoth

I completely agree Hoth, i just saw it here in Melbourne. Umm maybe you should take the line about deflecting lightning with the sabre out of the thread title as it is a spoiler in itself.

Khaydarin 05-15-2002 03:45 PM

What about the music ???? does still rock as phantom menace ???

Hoth 05-15-2002 03:48 PM

No.

Not IMO anyway.

Near the end you hear a bit of Vader's theme but to be honest I can't think of ANY memorable music from it at all and I've been out of the theater for 1 hour.

Hoth

wardz 05-15-2002 03:50 PM

no offence, but that was a realy crap spoiler warning.

wardz

Hoth 05-15-2002 03:54 PM

sorry, I'll change it

Brodieman 05-15-2002 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Khaydarin
What about the music ???? does still rock as phantom menace ???
Yeah it had snippets from the imperial march and duel of the fates, but by itself the music is uninspiring (i bought the cd too and it's boring!!!!! - unlike Phantom Menace).

omeo 05-15-2002 05:31 PM

YOU STUPID ASS FACE FAG

YOU DO NOT POST THE SPOILER ITSELF IN THE TITLE
make it a little more vague....like lightning and sabres in AOTC?

Have some consideration for people who want to wait to see the damb movie in a thetare, as opposed to some bootleg crap on their desktop dumbass.

[SWS]Strider 05-15-2002 06:03 PM

Why don't you actually read before you post. If you did you would see that he lives is Aussie land ;-) and that it came out there last night. Show a bit more respect.

gonk-raider 05-15-2002 06:12 PM

I had no problem with ep1 or 2, both pretty good movies :) its hard to recreate the magic again..expecialy when this story is about the life of Anikin... ep1 not much darkness since its alittle boy who didnt even relaize he has the force in him.. ep2..frustrated practialy uncontrolable youth.. but with plenty of goodness still in him.. just the darkness is starting to appear in spots.. and in 3 he finaly snaps.. and as they say the rest is history

gonk-raider 05-15-2002 06:15 PM

oh and to the guy thats pissed about.. lightrsaber blocking lighten.. grow up ... im sure your just looking for a reason to blow up.. that didnt give away crap.. jesus.. getting angry at that will make people not care about what you have to say :)

Robbiesan 05-15-2002 06:24 PM

lol

omeo 05-15-2002 06:27 PM

Nope, I aint lookin for a reason to blow up. I just think it is beyoned stupid to write SPOILER in the title, and then proceed to state what the spoiler is. It defies common sense, and it is frustrating for those of us that live in a different part of the world that hasn't recieved the movie yet. Yeah i was pisssed, and I felt reason to express it. The bottom line is that this sabre-lightning thing is NEW. It has never been done before in the movies. Considering that this a prequel, and we all know how the story ends, all the nuanced suprises are things that fans covet. I would have liked to have been surprised by the effect, but the genious who made this post decided otherwise.

gonk-raider 05-15-2002 07:03 PM

well your overly sensitive because im also a fan and it didnt bother me.. OOOH NOO...A LIGHTSABER ABSORBED LIGHTING>> ARHG ARHGARHG>. THAT RUINS THE REST OF THE MOVIES ...HOT **** AHHH WHAT WILL WE DOO OH JESUS HELP US

[SWS]Strider 05-15-2002 07:08 PM

Oh and in reality Watto is really Anikans father....he's not really the chosen one....opps I said it! :-P

Robbiesan 05-15-2002 07:12 PM

great, now you ruined it for me..

(j/k lol)

The Blind Jedi 05-15-2002 07:22 PM

Fan Film Awards program

Speaking of spoiling LIFE for people...how about the guy interviewed for the fan films program on the SCI-FI network? He plans to stick a stick of dynamite up his ass and blow himself up at the end of the 3rd flick cuz he says there'll be nothing left to live for.

Talk about fanatical. Come mid 2005, there'll be no such thing as the public cinema anymore....every one of them will have been blown up from the innerds of a depressed and suicidal SW fan!

me, for one, come Christmas 2005, I plan to enjoy the 6 movie DVD box set, thank you very much.....

Agen 05-15-2002 08:25 PM

T'is one of those rare times qwhere i don't have anything constructive to add to this forum..... hmmmmmm:evanpiel:

The Blind Jedi 05-15-2002 08:37 PM

I think you just summed it up beautifully. Hat's off to you. :D

sithlord-II 05-15-2002 08:40 PM

********SPOILER ALERT********

ok guys i just found this out... OMG... Anakin skywalker... BECOMES DARTH VADER! HAHAHAHAH I BET THAT RUINS THE NEXT MOVIE FOR YOU!
hehehhe

The Blind Jedi 05-15-2002 08:50 PM

DOH!!!

I'LL NEVER BE THE SAME! Now that I know, I'll have to find new and creative uses for dynamite. :(

My life will NEVER be the same!

OH MY GOD! THE TRUTH HAS MADE ME BLIND!!!

*Darth Vega* 05-15-2002 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sithlord-II
********SPOILER ALERT********

ok guys i just found this out... OMG... Anakin skywalker... BECOMES DARTH VADER! HAHAHAHAH I BET THAT RUINS THE NEXT MOVIE FOR YOU!
hehehhe

OH....MY....GOD!!!!!
THIS CANNOT BE!!!!
YOU LIE!!!!!1111:mad:

omeo 05-15-2002 09:13 PM

If sabers blocking lightning is no big deal at all, why even make the post? I seems for the original poster, this was a NEW and COOL element . Everyone knows how the story ends, it is the little details that make watching it interesting. By divulging these details in the TITLE of the post, you are screwing over others.

NUFF SAID

Jedi Legend 05-15-2002 09:24 PM

This thread won't spoil much for fans of the EU.

*SPOILER*

In the third Thrawn book, The Last Command, Leia blocks lightning with her saber.

*END OF SPOILER*

:syoda: :lightning

Deetox187 05-15-2002 10:23 PM

ya thanx for the well thought out thread title buddy, may just be a small spoiler but i sure as hell didn't need to know that before seeing it myself. :mad: :mad:

Eternity 05-15-2002 10:30 PM

Cool, I suppose.

I have to laugh at the fact that you think Hayden did a good job, tho, when so many have said otherwise.

Now back to never posting here. Ever. Or even looking at this page.

Oh well, I might as well flash my new sig again, as I like it:
http://www.geocities.com/spud3444/signature.txt

Cheerio.

Jellybelly 05-16-2002 12:35 AM

I actually think Hayden did a pretty good job too. However, Christopher Lee owns! :)

Jellybelly

SaberPro 05-16-2002 01:44 AM

Saber blocks Lightning, but you can move people around with Lightning too. Remember Dooku lightning Anakin and slam him into the wall?

Lightning vs. Lightning should cancel each other...in the Dooku vs. Yoda fight

Borf 05-16-2002 01:56 AM

hats off to GL, that movie owns all star wars movies ever sideways and in six other undescovered dimensions

*takes hat off* :)

Vagabond 05-16-2002 02:09 AM

I just changed the title of this thread. It was a very stupid thing to place the actual spoiler in the title of the thread. Please refrain in the future :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

patchx 05-16-2002 03:31 AM

that movie rocked SO hard

i had a big stupid grin on my face the entire movie

i thought haydens acting was good as a late teen vader full of angst and anger but not really as hardened as he is in the ot

From Vagabond: SPOILER BELOW

saber blocking lightning is crap though i thought

did u see how easily obi wan did it?

why didnt yoda just use his saber instead of blocking it with his hand? it looked like it took quite a bit out of him

Obi Wan shoulda just jumped out of the way instead , it looked wierd how the lighning all went to one spot on his saber instead of being a sort of thick bunch of lightning bolts

anyway 9/10

p.s i HATED tpm it was so crap its not funny, aotc is lightyears ahead of it in terms of acting, plot,dialogue,effects and characters

other tpm haters rejoice for this one is a LOT better

-patch

wtf 05-16-2002 04:08 AM

What about Jar-Jar ? Do they kill off that stooopid f**king thing? I hope someone rams something long and sharp into his guts ,then flushes him out an airlock. Mmmm ,yeah -kill jar-jar
Seriously ,the whole spoiler thing did'nt bother me one bit.

P.S. -after thinking about it ,I want to know- did they kill Jar-Jar ,and did the whole theatre start cheering when it happened ?

striderx2048 05-16-2002 04:25 AM

maybe yoda used some form of force absorb?

enDless_Deliriu 05-16-2002 09:15 AM

The saber fights IMHO sucked. I really hope that they were cut, and that they'll be in full force in the DVD or something, because after all that I heard about the saber fights and the like I was hoping for more.

I liked the movie, but it wasn't the best. Hayden did a decent job, I was a bit disappointed with Sam, he seemed like he couldn't care less about his role in a couple places.

The scene with the conveyor belts was made to be put into a video game as well by the way

Oh and
spoiler:
Jango died like a fricking $&@@($&. I hear all this great stuff from people that he and Sam are supposed to have a good fight, and all it is is Sam charges, blocks a few blaster shots, and then cuts his head off. I mean, the DROIDS did better against the jedi than him!

I'll reserve judgement until I can see it again, as I was distracted this time through and maybe I missed some god send stuff in it, but all in all, while enjoyable, I can't say it lived up to expectations, and they werent that high. 6.8-7/10 I say. It would've had more if the saber fights had looked better (
spoiler:
pre-yoda anyhow, though yoda looked a bit fake as well
)

Borf 05-16-2002 10:07 AM

mace owned that bounty hunter :p loved that

also i laughed my head off when that n00b jedi tried to take on the count and got raped by jengo, BWAHAHAHA

OWNED

yeah the sabre fights didn't really compare to tpm, but the acting, the huge war scenes, the plot, the whole way it was put together was outstanding! <hats off> i loved it, LOVED IT

EXCEPT FOR THAT ****ING RETARD OF A GUNGAN, IF THERES SUCH THING AS A N0N RETARTED GUNGAN..... DICK. HEAD.