LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   Jedi Outcast (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=68383)

SaberPro 07-11-2002 06:06 AM

Patch Tomorrow!
 
Take a look at Kenn's Plan

http://www.shacknews.com/finger/?fid...@ravensoft.com

Hope this is not a repost...:)

UPDATE: downlo0ad at the following places.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/jedioutcast2.htm
http://www.jk2files.com/?026410490&k=1026412670&s=
http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=21444

More links coming, hopefully.

SaberPro 07-11-2002 06:08 AM

the fixes
 
Welcome to Raven Software's Finger Service V1.6!

Name: Kenn Hoekstra
Email: khoekstra@ravensoft.com
Description: Project Admin
Project: General
Web Page: Kenn's Web Site
Last Updated: 07/10/2002 16:13:07 (Central Standard Time)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, July 10th, 2002 - Important Jedi Outcast Info:

LucasArts will be releasing the 1.04 update for Jedi Knight II:
Jedi Outcast tomorrow (Thursday) evening on their website at
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/ou...l/default.htm.
Feel free to download and mirror it once it is available.

The update includes all of the fixes from 1.03, so if you donít
have that update yet, this is the only one youíll need. A list
of the changes in 1.03 can be found here:
http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/jedioutcast.htm

The primary focus of 1.04 is multiplayer balance.

Some of the features/fixes include:

Multiplayer
-----------
* Corrected issue which caused servers to crash in rare
instances.
* Corrected issue causing damage not to ramp up and down
properly when using the backstab move in light saber stance.
* Corrected bug allowing players to pivot while executing
backstab moves in all stances. Players may no longer pivot
when executing these moves.
* Fixed bug causing force pull to be unblockable by people
with equal or greater pull rank.
* Adjusted ammo usage of the Imperial repeater alt-fire.
* Fixed bug allowing inventory items to be used in FFA saber
challenges.
* Corrected an exploit which allowed players to fall from
large heights at a slow rate.
* Corrected issue which caused pain sounds not to play
properly when hit by opponents. Pain sounds should now be
relative to the amount of damage taken.

New dedicated servers will also be released tomorrow. We'll send
those out to all of the gaming file sites so youíll be able to get
new servers set up immediately.

A few other notes on 1.04:

- Saved games are unaffected from 1.03
- Demos recorded using 1.03 are not compatible with 1.04
- Mod makers will have to update their mods to reflect new the
IP protocol introduced in 1.04. This will be a minor adjustment
to your existing mod stuffs.
- Once you upgrade to 1.04, only servers running version 1.04
will be visible in your in game browser. There may be a short
period of time where there are few 1.04 servers to play on as
server admins update to the new version.

Thanks! We appreciate your continued support of Jedi Outcast in
the online community.

Master Hamlet 07-11-2002 06:09 AM

OMG WEEEE
 
tell me this is not a joke? if those things are fixed i will love jk2 again.

QuietSith 07-11-2002 06:27 AM

Raven Software is making the patch - and we should be ever so grateful.

The people you should thank are "Tom Sarris" at LucasArts and "Kenn Hoekstra" of Raven Software for supporting the community in getting this patch to us.

They were behind the scenes pushing for the patches release.

We love you Tom and Kenn. :)

QuietSith 07-11-2002 06:30 AM

Let's keep everything on this one thread - can a moderator sticky this thread please?

I just got word that the Linux Dedicated Server will be released at the sametime!

Woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :)

Demolisher 07-11-2002 06:30 AM

I hope that sabering is like it used to be and that they fixed the freezing bug!! I hope Raven and Lucasarts actually read some of the threads in game feedback and tech support before making this patch :snear:

OnlyOneCanoli 07-11-2002 06:41 AM

Excellent. This has been stickied, and I hope you don't mind if I rename this thread to "Official 1.04 Discussion thread."

Those updates sound like just what I wanted to be fixed. I'm looking forward to it!

SaberPro 07-11-2002 06:45 AM

Yeah...one big fix - no pivot for backsweeper and backstabber :)

and a couple of crash fixes too woohoo!

QuietSith 07-11-2002 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Demolisher
I hope that sabering is like it used to be and that they fixed the freezing bug!! I hope Raven and Lucasarts actually read some of the threads in game feedback and tech support before making this patch :snear:
"Multiplayer
-----------
* Corrected issue which caused servers to crash in rare
instances. "

That?

SaberPro 07-11-2002 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by QuietSith


"Multiplayer
-----------
* Corrected issue which caused servers to crash in rare
instances. "

That?

Probably not...it said server crash....

Freeze crash...I hope they fix that too lol

Emon 07-11-2002 07:12 AM

Most freezes are due to people's crappy PCs.

Yipee! I'll actually start playing JO MP tomorrow, and I can delete U104!

Lord Sokar 07-11-2002 07:32 AM

I pray to God in heaven that this patch takes the game back a little closer to what 1.02 was.

If it doesn't, then I'm out for good. Fingers crossed, thinking positive thoughts...

I truly want to love this game again.

SaberPro 07-11-2002 07:33 AM

Sometimes that isn't really the case.

When you play JO and while it's loading, you see Loading Skins (and all the guns even though it's a saber only game), it's not really loading all the skins because the game will freeze for like 1-5 seconds when someone loads a new skin (and if the skin has already been loaded, it should pop right out) and i have to press Tab to get frozen and see the new skin...and my computer isn't all that crappy.

QuietSith 07-11-2002 08:07 AM

Am I the only person with overwhelmed excitement here?

:confused:

SaberPro 07-11-2002 08:08 AM

ammmmm sawww daaarrn xxxcciiteed daaat i kaaannt aven tipppe...

Ready Wan 07-11-2002 08:10 AM

It's been so long since I've played (LAN only using 1.02 for a few months now). This is good news.

Hopefully they'll give some attention to the imbalance in the force powers instituted with the 1.03 patch. I didnt find anything on that when I checked the news release.... :(

perhaps there will be more involved than was posted. (Hopes)

SaberPro 07-11-2002 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ready Wan
It's been so long since I've played (LAN only using 1.02 for a few months now). This is good news.

Hopefully they'll give some attention to the imbalance in the force powers instituted with the 1.03 patch. I didnt find anything on that when I checked the news release.... :(

perhaps there will be more involved than was posted. (Hopes)

Which reminds me of the Force Lightning/Force Draining issue...along with Force Healing too lol

Darth Kaan 07-11-2002 08:15 AM

SWEEEEEEET!

No more excuses, play or play not, there is no whine!

Kaan

QuietSith 07-11-2002 08:15 AM

I think it'll fix many key issues already in the unofficial patch 1.04 compiled source release.

As for force balances.. you can do a lot of stuff yourself.

I run my server with the following settins - and most likely still will with the new official patch:

Rage and Honor settings (in server.cfg):

seta g_forceregentime 100 - 1.02 style force regeneration.
seta g_saberghoul2collision 0 - Minimal auto-saber blocking.
seta g_sabertracesaberfirst 0 - Minimal auto-saber blocking.
seta sv_allowdownload 1 - Won't be relevant ...
seta g_dismember 300 - Dismemberment on (we prefer 300 over 2 - it's more fancy looking).

Note To Clients: Clients need to set /cg_dismember 300 (in console) to see dismemberment.

Homosexual Ewok 07-11-2002 08:18 AM

The "freeze" bug happens when you rapidly flip up after getting knocked down. Sometimes you immediately flip up and just stand there in a sort of "pose". It takes about 2-3 seconds before you gain control of your movements. It has nothing to do with pings or PC quality. It, like the "sliding around on your feet" when rolling bug, is random and chances are still there.
Although it would of been nice to see the Dark Side get a little boost to be more on par with the Light Side, on paper the patch sounds good.

C'jais 07-11-2002 08:24 AM

Well, it appears that the blue stance backstab is the only one that gets reduced damage (of sorts), so we'll probably still see assfighting.

Kicking might be the new trend.

I think the patch is a small step, but an important one. It could have done so many things better (IMHO, of course) but apparently only handles the "serious issues"...

Well, I'm not gonna sit here and whine away while I haven't even played it yet, so I'll wait till I've played the patch before making other smart-ass comments.

-Jais out.

QuietSith 07-11-2002 08:24 AM

Ewok,

Will you be using 1.04 when it comes out?

You've been pretty supportive of 1.03 - where I've been pushing for 1.04.

We both like you said, ironically agree, that 1.02 was the best.

I just wonder where you stand on this.

Or is your philosophy deal with each patch as it comes and learn what is front of you - this is what I assume you believe.

No argument intended. It's just a question.

QuietSith 07-11-2002 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cjais
Well, it appears that the blue stance backstab is the only one that gets reduced damage (of sorts), so we'll probably still see assfighting.

Kicking might be the new trend.

I think the patch is a small step, but an important one. It could have done so many things better (IMHO, of course) but apparently only handles the "serious issues"...

Well, I'm not gonna sit here and whine away while I haven't even played it yet, so I'll wait till I've played the patch before making other smart-ass comments.

-Jais out.

I don't think you'll see any assfighting. On my server people either stop or get upset and leave - it just can't be done.

Basically this patch is an official patch version of the '1.04' source compiled mod.

I wish my gaming host would reset my server so I could demonstrate this to you guys.

SaberPro 07-11-2002 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by QuietSith
I think it'll fix many key issues already in the unofficial patch 1.04 compiled source release.

As for force balances.. you can do a lot of stuff yourself.

I run my server with the following settins - and most likely still will with the new official patch:

Rage and Honor settings (in server.cfg):

seta g_forceregentime 100 - 1.02 style force regeneration.
seta g_saberghoul2collision 0 - Minimal auto-saber blocking.
seta g_sabertracesaberfirst 0 - Minimal auto-saber blocking.
seta sv_allowdownload 1 - Won't be relevant ...
seta g_dismember 300 - Dismemberment on (we prefer 300 over 2 - it's more fancy looking).

Note To Clients: Clients need to set /cg_dismember 300 (in console) to see dismemberment.

Wow long codes....think Raven should include all these setting in the Game Setting Menu? It'd be much easier...

crazyplaya73 07-11-2002 08:29 AM

As long as they don't nurf the saber damage completely and duels take 10 minutes it will be playable but I am very skeptical. Raven has a history now of taking away / nurfing deadly moves in the game to appease the cry babies.

QuietSith 07-11-2002 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SaberPro


Wow long codes....think Raven should include all these setting in the Game Setting Menu? It'd be much easier...

Game menu would be great.

Doesn't help people like me who run a dedicated server.

Perhaps if they put in a FAQ?

I have a request from you:

Can you edit your original post and quote all the changes for 1.04 in that post (with link to Kenn's info) so people see it right away?

:)

Homosexual Ewok 07-11-2002 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by QuietSith
Ewok,

Will you be using 1.04 when it comes out?

You've been pretty supportive of 1.03 - where I've been pushing for 1.04.

We both like you said, ironically agree, that 1.02 was the best.

I just wonder where you stand on this.

Or is your philosophy deal with each patch as it comes and learn what is front of you - this is what I assume you believe.

No argument intended. It's just a question.

I'll go to v1.04, got to roll with the punches so to speak.

What cjais said about kicking is true, very true. I stated this in one of my 300+ posts a while back, but F-me if I can find it.

The backstab/pull stuff was in v1.02, but the DFA was easier so no one used it.

Now with the fixed player stance (not that I have a problem with this, mind you) you are going to see kicks a Hell of a lot more.
The bottom line is with the parry and knock-aways that were introduced in v1.03, and the decreased saber damage, believe it or not, you can actually kick a person to death almost twice as fast when compared to using only normal saber swings.
This really does not affect me, because kicks have always been a large part of my play style. But consider yourself warned if you don't know how to defend against kicks.

I was kind of hoping for a little bump for Dark Side users, but oh well.
The fixed backstab was always IMO, a good idea. I just made the best of a situation when I used a mouse spin in mine.

QuietSith 07-11-2002 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by crazyplaya73
As long as they don't nurf the saber damage completely and duels take 10 minutes it will be playable but I am very skeptical. Raven has a history now of taking away / nurfing deadly moves in the game to appease the cry babies.
It's going to be 1.04 compiled source into an official patch.

I'm convinced of that and I have good reason to believe it - since that's what I (and many others) basically asked for.

No, I am not the lone person who gets all he wanted. But I did manage to directly contact LA (as I'm sure many others did) and they focused on what was shown to them - which was simply revealing what a lot of people wanted - at least I believe that - and if it's true, that's what we get.

This won't eliminate any mods, and things like your Duel_SE mod will still get promoted and used.

This just brings us away from some of the issues in 1.03.

That's all. :)

Twins of Doom 07-11-2002 08:37 AM

hmmm, doesn't say anything about backsweep damage (not complaining, just pointing it out)

sounds like a good patch:)

*goes to update news on site*

*talks to leelink about getting JHQ servers running 1.04*

leXX 07-11-2002 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Darth Kaan
SWEEEEEEET!

No more excuses, play or play not, there is no whine!

Kaan

Love it!

Homosexual Ewok 07-11-2002 08:42 AM

I'm still waiting for "fists" dammit...

QuietSith 07-11-2002 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok


I'll go to v1.04, got to roll with the punches so to speak.

What cjais said about kicking is true. I stated this in one of my 300+ posts a while back.

The backstab/pull stuff was in v1.02, but the DFA was easier so no one used it.

Now with the fixed player stance (not that I have a problem with this, mind you) you are going to see kicks a Hell of a lot more.
The bottom line is with the parry and knock-aways that were introduced in v1.03, and the decreased saber damage, believe it or not, you can actually kick a person to death almost twice as fast when compared to using only normal saber swings.
This really does not affect me, because kicks have always been a large part of my play style. But consider yourself warned if you don't know how to defend against kicks.

I was kind of hoping for a little bump for Dark Side users, but oh well.
The fixed backstab was always IMO, a good idea. I just made the best of a situation when I used a mouse spin in mine.

Fair enough.

I was always hoping there would be a way for a server to not simply turn forces on or off, or general maxforcerank - but rather the actual force ranks of each individual force - and have that expressed via server rules so people develop filters for it.

That would be in a perfect server admin world. :)

You're right - there's always going to be people spamming moves.

In my opinion - which you've heard too many times - it's a question of aesthetics - immersion - not so much gameplay balance (that will always depend on player style - you've convinced me of that - yes you were right).

At least kicks 'look real' and are 'plausible'.

I didn't see the 3 Muskateers running around backwards. :p

Homosexual Ewok 07-11-2002 08:49 AM

You know Quiet; one damn good idea for a mod would be a Rocket Arena 3 type vote system mod.
If you have never played it, you can call a vote to disable certain weapons, fall damage, team damage, whatever.
If given the options, players in this case could do that to disable certain guns, Force powers and so on.
You would think this vote system is abused with a call vote every 10 seconds, but it is not.

It's all GUI, very similar to the vote system in JO now, no console knowledge is needed.

C'jais 07-11-2002 08:56 AM

Well, I'm no expert on backstabs, so I ask you guys instead - How much does the "pivoting" in backstabs matter?
They are still just as deadly no?
That is my assumption on the continued backstabbing - they give the same damage, even though they hit SLIGHTY worse now.

And instead of "Jedi Knight 2 jedi outcast" - We *might* have to change the name to "Karate Knight 2 Dojo outcast".... *lol*....

One thing I'm curious about though: Will the "slower fall rate"-fix mean NO AIR-LUNGES AT ALL? I don't care really, but some folks have based their entire fighting style on the air-lunge, so who knows?

QuietSith 07-11-2002 08:57 AM

Oh yah Rocket Arena would be a nice type mod - love the zero respawn options (if I'm thinking of the right mod).

I'd also like to see an OSP JK 2.

Those guys know balance - imo.

Another Q3 mod that has a really funny voting system is Threewave.

You battle it out over gametypes, and then people jump through Alice and Wonderland type doorways to choose maps. :)

Xenoeye 07-11-2002 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Twins of Doom
hmmm, doesn't say anything about backsweep damage (not complaining, just pointing it out)

sounds like a good patch:)

*goes to update news on site*

*talks to leelink about getting JHQ servers running 1.04*

lol, exactly what I did.
Update clan site, talk to clan server admin.

Darth Kaan 07-11-2002 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by cjais
Well, I'm no expert on backstabs, so I ask you guys instead - How much does the "pivoting" in backstabs matter?
They are still just as deadly no?
That is my assumption on the continued backstabbing - they give the same damage, even though they hit SLIGHTY worse now.

And instead of "Jedi Knight 2 jedi outcast" - We *might* have to change the name to "Karate Knight 2 Dojo outcast".... *lol*....

One thing I'm curious about though: Will the "slower fall rate"-fix mean NO AIR-LUNGES AT ALL? I don't care really, but some folks have based their entire fighting style on the air-lunge, so who knows?

cjais,

I have played the U104 since it came out. The list (from the link uptop) of what the official 1.04 changes is almost identical to U104 which fixed the following as far as saber combat:

Blue Stance: No more air lunges. The backflip/frontlunge bug has been removed where you have to complete the flip before beggining the lunge, and No more "floating down" from very high without taking damage.

Also, you can't "spin" in any stance when doing a BS, its fixed point so it is A LOT harder to time and make contact. Even if you do, it is not a one hit kill anymore on someone with full health and shields. This damage adjustment applied to all stances and finishing moves. There was more, some weapons loadouts and firing rates were tweaked, etc.


So ya, making the BS fixed point and not being able to turn or spin around takes all the appeal out of the move 1.03 gave it for those that only use IT. It will still be a viable move when timed right but is no longer the one hit kill wonder.

One thing is for sure, as soon as the OFFICIAL 1.04 is released tommorow, we will know for sure. :)

Kaan

QuietSith 07-11-2002 09:23 AM

My server is back up if you want a 'taste of 1.04'.

See sig.

C'jais 07-11-2002 09:31 AM

If it does as you say Kaan, then I'll be truly happy....

Only one problem:
This "Karate Knight 2 - Black belt upgrade-patch", might just be the signal for thousands of little aspiring kickers to come out and harass me on the servers..... I sure hope this patch doesn't promote kicking since BS is partially gone, but I'm horrified at the thought.

Well, at least the kick isn't a one-hit-kill-move.... That's always something.

Ready Wan 07-11-2002 09:33 AM

Quote:

[i]
Although it would of been nice to see the Dark Side get a little boost to be more on par with the Light Side, on paper the patch sounds good. [/B]
Dark Side really does need some kind of help. I sure hope they even out the powers a bit, or it'll be more of the same: all light side and all force absorb. :(


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.