LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   General Editing (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   WIP: Han Solo: Hoth Gear (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=72124)

oddjob: A-Team 07-29-2002 01:49 AM

WIP: Han Solo: Hoth Gear

I figured I would tackle another classic trilogy character. This time, my favorite action figure as a kid: Han in Hoth Gear.(the old Kenner Han in Hoth gear had the BEST hand for holding guns and a holster that would actually hold his pistol. Heh)

I will probably end up doing his head similarly to the currnet hasbro action figure with the hood pushed down and just the hat and goggles, but I am not sure. At any rate, I have a decent start on his head:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/han_head.jpg

I haven't really done much work on his head in general, just his face really. It's pretty raw still.

I may perhaps model his blaster pistol as well to replace the bryar, but as to that, I will have to wait and see.

nomad 07-29-2002 02:13 AM

Nice!
There is a good resemblence in that rough model! :D

And please, if you seriously want to, make Han's pistol.
I am amazed that no one has made that yet. I personally do not care for the bryar pistol, but the blastech... now that's a pistol ;)

I also added a taunt for a Han Solo skin a while ago. I don't know if you'll go with a particular taunt for the Hoth costume (as there may be a good one there), but if not, I used the "Hokey religions and ancient superstitions are no match for a good blaster at you side." quote for the taunt.

Anyway... a bit early for that kind of talk.
God luck on this one!

-nomad

Kinja 07-29-2002 02:28 AM

Lookin good Oddjob!

fuzzrox 07-29-2002 02:35 AM

thank you oddjob, i've been waiting for a
Han Solo model.:indy:

i'm already using your other jk2 models,
Leia is great (wish you'd make a slave girl skin):drool1:
looking forward to Han.
keep up the great work.

:cheers:

inbredyokel 07-29-2002 02:45 AM

I might be looking ahead a bit too much, but maybe you could also model Han's head complete without the hat, and tack it onto Lando's body. That way we could have 2 models for the price of one (sort of...), Han in hoth gear and regular ANH/ROTJ Han. Anyway, looks great so far. For a rough model that already has quite a resemblance.

-[MotU]-Lyger|=- 07-29-2002 04:12 AM

yay a han solo modle, cant wait man, hurry hurry hurry

Woodrodius 07-29-2002 06:05 AM

Just a suggestion, but for a taunt I'd use the "I'll see you in hell!" said right before he went looking for Luke on his Taun Taun, :D

t3rr0r 07-29-2002 07:32 AM

nice work so far, oddjob.
/me crosses fingers for a multi-purpose han solo :rolleyes:

oddjob: A-Team 07-29-2002 01:39 PM

Ok, I am going to make a head with the hat and goggles and hood pushed back like the new aciton figure, and one with just his head and hair, no hat.

Hanch Saode 07-29-2002 01:44 PM

You must often hear people claim their love to you :p

This is just briliant!

Looking forward!! Keep up the good work m8

Pyro638 07-29-2002 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by fuzzrox
thank you oddjob, i've been waiting for a
Han Solo model.:indy:

i'm already using your other jk2 models,
Leia is great (wish you'd make a slave girl skin):drool1:
looking forward to Han.
keep up the great work.

:cheers:

HEYY GreaT idea for the leia :D SOMEONE SHOULD REALLY DO ONE.....:rolleyes:........ G/J so far!

oddjob: A-Team 07-29-2002 09:02 PM

I think I might make the face fully animatable. We shall see though. It might be a bit too time consuming.

inbredyokel 07-30-2002 12:33 AM

Awsome, glad you're thinking of doing the full head. We really, really need more classic Star Wars characters. With all this prequel stuff lately they're just not getting the attention they deserve.

Eklin 07-30-2002 12:41 AM

YOu should definitely make the hood and goggles (if you use them) removeable so that you don't have to walk around desert maps with a big parka on. lol

icepool 07-30-2002 12:48 AM

Definately see Han Solo in that. Great job!!!!!!!!

žith Lord 07-30-2002 04:31 AM

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Finally someone is making my favorite character! It looks just like him already, and you JUST STARTED! I can't wait to see the rest of him

{tojo} Qui-Gon 07-30-2002 09:43 AM

hi, i just seen this thread (kind of stuped of me :p ) but i was taughtt to skin by THE GREAT NeoMars!! anyways if you need help in texturing him, just ask ;)

oddjob: A-Team 07-30-2002 12:27 PM

Ok, here's an update. I worked on his head/hair a bit and finished the Hoth hat. Have a look:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/han_hat.jpg

inbredyokel 07-30-2002 01:03 PM

It may very well be the angle of the pic on the right(and the fact that its still WIP), but the face looks a little off from the front. It looks like the mouth and nose might be a bit wide.

http://movieweb.com/movie/starwars/co2.jpg

AKPiggott 07-30-2002 07:11 PM

Your Leia model was a fantastic likeness Oddjob, and this Han model seems to be heading in the same direction. Nice one!

Arco 07-30-2002 07:56 PM

hey not bad dude. I love han solo and mr ford even more so. i am moret han willing to do a skin for it (i already did a han skin for a default jk2 model) But yeah cool stuff surely has han in it.

Arco:ewok:

oddjob: A-Team 07-30-2002 11:55 PM

I'll double check the nose and mouth. They might be a bit too wide but they are proportioned to a more frontal pic of Harrison.

Gonna start on the body next. I'll update when I can.

remark 666 07-31-2002 02:34 AM

no feedback yet, keep up the freat work

Hanch Saode 07-31-2002 11:46 AM

Wow....looking damn god so far...!!!

Keep it up! :D

12thMonkey 07-31-2002 04:45 PM

looking great so far and can't wait to see the rest of the Hoth gear.

AKPiggott 07-31-2002 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arco
hey not bad dude. I love han solo and mr ford even more so. i am moret han willing to do a skin for it (i already did a han skin for a default jk2 model) But yeah cool stuff surely has han in it.
Oh yeah.. I know that skin... excellent work Arc'.. I hope Oddjob considers you to lend a hand.

oddjob: A-Team 08-01-2002 03:30 AM

I am going to do the skin for it as I like that part of the process even though that's not my strongest area of modeling. But I will provide Arco with the skinmeshes before everybody else so he can be the first to release a skin for it on the same day it's released if he would like.

oddjob: A-Team 08-02-2002 02:42 AM

Update with some work done on the coat:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/han_coat.jpg

Eklin 08-02-2002 02:54 AM

Good job so far, but it looks like his nose is a little two triangular. The tip of his nose is really skinny, and then it gets really wide at his face. You should make it kinda rounder. Also, his chin looks a little big as well, and his lips look sucked in like he just ate a lemon (only from the front view, though, so the skin may fix this).

Excellent work otherwise :D

ronbrothers 08-02-2002 03:58 AM

Good work, oddjob: A-Team!

It is beginning to look just like Han Solo. Question (and this is not a model request) have you considered using the head upon completion on a Han Solo model with the ANH vest?

[CO] HellmasteR 08-02-2002 06:00 AM

Hey Hey Odd :D good to see youre continuing to work on JK2, jus dont forget about us AHLers :o we still need ya. I like it, its a good likeness of Harrison and if you do the skin half as well as the one for Leia itll be well enough for me.

HapSlash 08-04-2002 07:48 AM

I guess this means that no one will be wanting this then,....

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/hothhan.jpg

Luuke 08-04-2002 08:20 AM

i wouldn't say that, hapslash.
it tekws some weeks/month til the model is ready and it'd nice to have your skin now! and maybe you two can work together, you have an excellent skin and oddjob is doing a fantastic model...

ronbrothers 08-04-2002 08:56 AM

I'm looking forward to both, hapslash! Your hoth rebel soliers skin pack is greatly anticipated.

oddjob: A-Team 08-04-2002 11:24 AM

Heh, I work faster than most modelers. :)

Wow, that's a really nice skin there.

Perhaps you would like a crack at my model too? Before everybody else get's one?

HapSlash 08-04-2002 01:22 PM

Sure, that would be cool,... I don't have too much going on right now, so just let me know when you're done with it.

By the way, it's looking fantastic so far!

oddjob: A-Team 08-05-2002 10:23 AM

New quick renders:

http://home.attbi.com/~oddjob1138/img/han_coat2.jpg

I'm in the skinmeshing process now. Once it's skinned it shouldn't take too long to get it in game.

FuNkY_JeDi 08-06-2002 12:13 AM

while youre making Han Solo......

since your making a Han Solo model (very cool looking btw, even the rough model resembles Harrison Ford!), you might as well save the head and body and create an additional model..Indiana Jones!!! Star Wars and Indiana Jones were the coolest movies growing up! add a hat and whip to the model and that would kick major ass!! your model looks fantastic!

keo718 08-07-2002 07:22 PM

I agree with keeping the head for another model. Perhaps Han Solo in his traditional attire?

t3rr0r 08-07-2002 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by keo718
I agree with keeping the head for another model. Perhaps Han Solo in his traditional attire?
and perhaps his bespin attire. gotta love the jacket. :)