LucasForums

LucasForums (http://www.lucasforums.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   New screen (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=87225)

Igor S1 12-20-2002 05:53 AM

New screenshot
 
To liven up this forum a bit, here's one of the screenys from Ignac2 intro (though you'll need to see this in motion for full effect :)):

http://maniac.adventuredevelopers.co...eenintro1a.jpg

Erwin_Br 12-20-2002 01:17 PM

*drool*

Very smooth, I always enjoy looking at your work :)

Do I see an anti-aliased character or is that because of resizing the image?

What engine are you using again?

--Erwin

jannar85 12-20-2002 01:54 PM

Great image, Igor!
It looks so...Disney and Igor-ish.
I just love your art, Igor.

I hope we'll see more wonderful games from you in the future, and man, I can't wait for Ignac2 :D

Quote:

Originally posted by Erwin_Br
[BWhat engine are you using again?
[/B]
He's using AGS:D
Aren't we, AGS'ers, just lucky to have Igor together with us? :D

jannar85 12-20-2002 02:55 PM

Hello again Igor...
Sorry to ruin the happiness, but I showed Bill Tiller the image... (I hope you didn't mind... Don't be mad at me!)

Here's what he said (There's some very critic points, so don't say that I haven't warned you...):
- oh i like it
- it looks more like warner bros except brighter colors
- it is a bit too clean
- I'd like to see some texture or noise added to it. if that isn't there it looks too computer illustrated
- when one paints on paper the paper gives it a grain and the paint does too
- if you just do fill in photoshop it looks to weird too articficial
- he just need to add a subtle patterm, grain or noise to the image and I think it would look even better
- scale is bit off on the manniquin in the window. i would suggest he make the window bigger so that the manaquin looks almost as big as the man
- I thought it was a photo not a window.
- also his character is too dull. he might explore making him bright and the background more muted, rather then they way it is now
- the details in his face blend in too much with his skin color
- it gets lost
- I would increase the contrast on his face more, possibly darken the outline or lighten up his skin color

http://adventurepit.adventuredevelop...pingfrinds.jpg
- this is an example of some inking colors that make the facial features clear
- his style looks a bit like john krisfaluci
- the ren and stimpy animator who now does the ripping friends

***********
Oh.... I still love it, Igor!
Really amazing! :D

Igor S1 12-20-2002 05:56 PM

Thanks!
Erwin- yes, they are antialiased :)

Jannar: first, thanks for showing it to Tiller. Ok, must confess that intro is already mostly finished and it would be too time consuming to go back and change some things, but thanks anyway :)

Now to write something in my "defense" ;) :
as i said- this is not a scene from a game, it's AVI animation... the whole scene from screenshot is on for 5 seconds and is fully animated, so i found out that additional details on bg would be unnecessary.

Also, that's why the clean look- AVI compression adds too much noise already and most of the details are getting lost anyway (not to say gradients don't look so clean anymore).

Backgrounds for in-game locations are of course more detailed (the ones for cut-scenes/intro were colored entirely in Flash, to avoid Flash's problems that appear with bitmap pictures when you move the camera or zoom).

Agree about outline on character. I intentionaly made lines and coloring more "neutral", but i guess a bit darker lines and brighter coloring would really make his face easier to read.

Anyway, as i said, you need to see it in motion for real effect :)


Oh, and i'd like to say big thanks to Bill Tiller for taking his time to write down those great suggestions. I'm one of his BIG fans!

jannar85 12-22-2002 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Igor S1
Thanks!
Jannar: first, thanks for showing it to Tiller.

No problem! We talk almost regulary, when he's not busy. I didn't even ask him to comment it :)
Bill is always helpful. :)

Quote:

Originally posted by Igor S1
Ok, must confess that intro is already mostly finished and it would be too time consuming to go back and change some things, but thanks anyway :)

That's alright :)

Quote:

Originally posted by Igor S1

Now to write something in my "defense" ;) :
as i said- this is not a scene from a game, it's AVI animation... the whole scene from screenshot is on for 5 seconds and is fully animated, so i found out that additional details on bg would be unnecessary.

Also, that's why the clean look- AVI compression adds too much noise already and most of the details are getting lost anyway (not to say gradients don't look so clean anymore).

Backgrounds for in-game locations are of course more detailed (the ones for cut-scenes/intro were colored entirely in Flash, to avoid Flash's problems that appear with bitmap pictures when you move the camera or zoom).

Agree about outline on character. I intentionaly made lines and coloring more "neutral", but i guess a bit darker lines and brighter coloring would really make his face easier to read.

Anyway, as i said, you need to see it in motion for real effect :)

Cool, I forgot to tell him all that :p

Quote:

Originally posted by Igor S1
Oh, and i'd like to say big thanks to Bill Tiller for taking his time to write down those great suggestions. I'm one of his BIG fans!

I'll tell him that! :D
(I'm also one of his BIG fans!)

I can't wait for Ignac2 to be finished. Do you have much left?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.