View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 11:45 PM   #9
RaptorII

Practically a short essay...

Where to begin? Short and sweet, if the bad continues, what will need to be done would piss off 'ole Lincoln, but thankfully the guy is long dead, so his irritation will be minor.

As “great” as this country is supposed to be, it doesn't mean crap when we ignore our own constitution. We are in a dangerous time in America, and not because of foreign terrorists. The media has people scared ****less, and it is only getting worse as time goes on. Oh! But here comes the politicians to satiate the populous with radical plans to get rid of these frightening things that go bump in the TV. But do they really?

Scary things keep coming up, so what are we to do? I know! Let’s let congress give away one of the forced powers upon them, and have them just hand it off to another branch of government so as to tip the balance of power, and **** up some checks, and oh I don’t know, balances! Yes! Giving the executive branch the right to declare war more or less officially, really will get things going! While we are at it, why don’t we build a ****ing clone army? Oh right, playing with eggs that will be thrown out anyway is wrong.

On a slightly off topic note, about the word “God” in the pledge of Allegiance thing, most people dismiss it as a crazy hippy who just was using his daughter to get into the spotlight. While that may not be totally wrong, at least he was standing up for what he thought was right, and what he ‘thought’ was made pretty clear by some crazy dead guy a few years back who I guess didn’t want us to end up like England and have a Church-State mingling party. Not that it seemed to do a fat lot of good, as it is just not so overt in the connections here. All those people bitching about him, I don’t see you out there trying to make a difference, and if you are, please, let me know. On that note, I would like to point out that I think it foolish to pledge allegiance to this Country, as obviously at any given time it might be temporarily in the wrong, now pledging to the Constitution...

Look, this is bad stuff here.

“If you’re not with us, you’re against us.”

Sounds really logic based and peaceful eh?

I for one don’t want to live in a world like Warren Spector’s Deus Ex, or hell, North Korea. If you don’t watch what is going on carefully, there is a good chance something might just slip by.

I am prepared to stand up for what I believe in, and I am willing to do some things I wouldn’t otherwise do. But I will do whatever it takes to keep this place free, and keep the ideals of the Constitution. It may not be perfect, but nothing known by humanity is.

One thing is for certain, without massed numbers, we can do nothing. Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., et al didn’t accomplish what they did alone it took thousands of people. Who will rise up now if the time comes?

Just to be clear, I am not talking about rising up like a bunch of hippies either. I am talking out and out revolt, but one that is safe to the people. Harming people would only further the cause for the people trying to take away the freedom that exists in the USA, and violently force extreme beliefs on the rest of the world at the same time.

Let us just hope it never comes to such a time when such words are taken with the utmost seriousness. But for now, laugh if you must, because you can.
RaptorII is offline   you may: quote & reply,