Thread: Best Scenes
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 03:29 AM   #12
Darth Groovy
The Dapper Zabrak

Current Game: Awaiting Greatness from PS4!
10 year veteran! Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member LucasCast staff 
The best way to make dioramas is to go to a Star Wars magazine or book. Find a good pic of an off camera scene, or pics of the set by itself. Preferably one that has no central characters, but alot of extras. Sometimes if you have a little time to play with you can just clone out the actors and use scenes from the movies, but I recomend empty sets, because it is so much easier. Throw that on a scanner and center it on the image. Then magnify it to fit the scale of your figures. Sometimes you have to play around to get the right shot, but its usually pretty easy. Keep in mind that while the paper you print out may look pixelated, once you put it on the shelf and pose your figures, you will not notice the pixels at all. And on some scenes if it is not in scale it will only give the illusion of depth which sometimes works very well too. Wait until you see my Mos Eisley scene. It is not very pixilated and looks simply like a bustling busy street in Mos Eisley. I did it back in 1997, and it still looks great. Sometimes if you have a little time to play with you can just clone out the actors and use scenes from the movies.
Darth Groovy is offline   you may: quote & reply,