View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
Lost Welshman
The First

The Lost Welshman

This is my new story. Its based on me, and is not the usual fantasy crap that I write. Please tell me what you think, its not finished btw.

The Lost Welshman

Chapter 1
The Awakening

The time was march 16th 2012, 18.53pm, and the 24 year old Alex Morris was on his way home from his work as a graphics designer. He was in his car, talking to himself as usual, ‘Well that was a productive days work’ he said as he looked at the papers in the passenger seat with just a few scribbles on. There was a huge crash of thunder through the sky, and soon rain began to fall; light at first but it soon began to hammer down on the windows of the car. ‘Typical British weather’ Alex moaned as the automatic windscreen wipers came on. Alex was on a main road, speeding slightly as he always did. There was suddenly a huge orange glow from over the horizon, so Alex sped up to see what had happened.

A car crash. There had been a head on collision between a truck and very old car, a Citroen Saxo. The police were swarming around the flames, stopping people from entering the circle they made around the accident. Alex noticed a man dressed in all black, with no hands showing and with a hood on. He stepped straight passed the police without them noticing him. The figure then turned to Alex and then back to the car, which it then stood by. With a flash of lightning the figure had gone and a police officer stood up, and shook his head at the other police. The truck driver went white and then turned to be sick on the side of the road. Alex felt cold, and he drove on slowly.

Car crashes were very rare in this time, most cars were fitted with protective boosting jets, that pushed the car away from any sort of collision when something entered a sensor area, commonly nicknamed as a force field. The jets were not visible until the point of boosting. The Citroen Saxo was too old to have this function fitted, and the truck to heavy. Alex wasn’t shaken up because of the crash, or the fact that someone had died, he felt used to death, he had dealt with it all his life. He was shaken up because of the figure that he saw. He didn't usually see things, but he did have strange dreams, so just dismissed it after a while of thinking. He soon pulled up to his house, got out of the car and locked it as he rushed over to the house in the rain. He looked up onto the roof and noticed his TV signal boosting satellite was knocked over, so he couldn’t watch the rugby match that his friends were coming over to watch. Alex moaned as he paused to look at it, then he entered the warmth of his house.

Alex looked at his watch, 20.21, ‘crap, they’ll be here soon’ He said as he decided to go and fix the satellite now while the lightning had stopped. He went into the garage and picked up a ladder. He opened the garage door which soon became bombarded with rain. Alex climbed onto the roof of the house and went to pick up the satellite but slipped. He quickly caught onto the top of the roof and pulled himself to his feet. He then positioned the satellite to its correct position. ‘Done’ he said in relief. He then noticed his friends car entering the village, he could see everywhere in the small village from the roof. His friend Jason was driving with Granville in the front seat and David in the back. Jason was crazy when it came to driving, although he was good at it. Alex waved, although he knew they wouldn’t see him. Alex turned around to find the ladder but a huge bolt of lightning shot from the sky and into his back garden, making him slip. Alex rolled down the roof and his neck made a crack as it slammed against the floor.

Alex couldn't move, his eyes were fixed open, and couldn't move. He could only think, wonder what was happening. The black sky lit up, into a bright white as a bolt of lightning cracked through the sky. It froze, everything seemed to stay still. The sky was white, and the bolt of lightning was still. Soon a black figure stood above him. ‘Hello there’ it said, in a hollow, but somewhat friendly voice. The figure was the same that was at the car crash. Alex still couldn’t move, ‘Don’t worry, you’re not paralyzed, you’re just dead’. Alex didn’t feel surprised. ‘So if you’ll just stand up and follow me.’ Everything began to move again, and suddenly a car smashed into the figure, flipping it over the roof of the car and into the ground, when it soon burst into flame and disappeared. Alex stood up. ‘I’m dead’ He said to himself. He then turned back to look at his body, it wasn’t there. He paused, wondering if it should be there or not, he then tried walking through a wall, nothing happened, except for the fact that he walked into a wall. Alex looked back to where the figure last lay, and he saw a piece of paper, which seemed to fly around until it found itself in Alex’s hand. It said:
‘To the beholder,
As you’ve probably guessed I, Death, am dead.
Its kind of ironic I know, but don’t worry, I
needed retirement. I'm not sure what the rules
are so you’ll have to wait until tomorrow so I
can sort something out. If I was in the middle of
‘Reaping’ you while this happened I’m sorry,
you’re not dead yet. Don’t worry though. Now
you are one of ‘the awoken’ what ever that is,
Yours Truly
Death’
‘So I'm not dead?’ Alex thought, ‘Cool’ The he welcomed his guests and they all stepped into the dryness of the house.

Act Your Rage
Lost Welshman is offline   you may: quote & reply,