View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 06:20 PM   #5
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Hmm points well taken. I personally would prefer mouse control, but we both know that it would take a lot or persuading to make them do that because that isn't appealing to most of today’s gaming audience. Plus to bring it out on different consoles would be hard if it was mouse controlled so it's most definitely going to have the same controls used, ergo, using the same engine as EFMI and Grim wouldn’t have any effect on how good the game is. Or at least they shouldn't go about creating a completely new programming language just to make this game, my guess is, they would take the LUA engine and incorporate other programming languages allowing them to do other things such as bike sequences. We can't think that The Curse of Monkey Island was built primarily on the SCUMM engine, but instead incorporated other such engines, such as INSANE which is still used today for EFMI and Grim for streamlining Video.

In other words, the LUA engine would be perfect as a primary programming language used for this game. So in short, we may be seeing the same types of controls for moving Ben around as we saw in Grim and EFMI. That’s all I was trying to say in my last post. And because we already have the primary engine, we may not spend too much time on the movement of Ben and so we may have a better story than EFMI.

And yes, as I said before, the graphics have nothing to do with the engine and as we've seen in the trailer (although that may not have been in game footage) Ben and others seem to be a lot less block and a lot more smooth than EFMI.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,