I didn't call anyone a Nazi. Sheeeeesh. As for the rules...
1. You cannot, in any way, insult (or "flame") someone else on the board. People may not be insulted just because their opinion differs from your own. Flaming includes calling people names, insulting them in any way or saying offensive things to them. I didn't flame anyone I just asked a few simple questions as to why it was closed, nothing more, I wouldn't have minded if a valid reason was given as to why it was closed but a 3 worded response is not valid IMO
2. Refrain from using excessive profanity in your posts. Basically, let the censor do its job. Don't attempt to undermine it. Well I could dodge the censor if I wanted to, I'm not that sort of person
3. Spamming is strictly prohibited. Your post needs to contribute to the discussion or the topic. Yes and all I was trying to do was liven the forums up and get some conversations going. I hardly call that spamming.
4. The posting of links to sites that contain illegal material (ie where to get illegal MP3s, warez, etc.) is prohibited. Does Kazaa count?
[/i]5. The posting of obcene material is not allowed. (ie pornography, violent and disturbing images and/or writings.) [/i] As far as I'm concerned pornography is something you'd probably find on a playboy site where she's getting it in both holes while sucking on a 3rd. Those images were hardly pornographic compared to what *is* on the net
6. Avoid duplicating anybody's nickname, avatar, and/or sig images. Make or find your own. This also applies to people outside our community (ie names of people of another community). It is strictly prohibited to impersonate someone else. Haven't done it
7. Threads and posts must be placed in their apropriate forums. See this thread for more details, and be sure to check out the forum description before posting your message in it. Do that anyway
8. Before posting a new topic, do a search to see if there is already a recent thread pertaining to what yours is about. If there is already a post similar to yours, feel free to read it and post a reply which will bring it to the top. Note that sometimes the search function is disabled, so do your best without it. Been there, done that
9. Be specific in the naming of your topic. This will aid in topic searches and help prevent someone from posting something you already have. I always have tried to be as specific as I can about my topics
10. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. ummmmm duh? Oh BTW, what if someone hacks your account? How can you be responsible if someone hacks your account and changes your password?
11. You may not register another account under the same IP number. You must also use a valid email address when registering. I am well aware of this fact.
12. You may not re-register after receiving a ban. But people do anyway don't they? Maybe you should just IP ban, would probably be a lot easier
13. You may not post threads dealing with the amount of posts you have. I'm sure a lot of people get excited when their status changes, I think it's only natural, but oh well, that's just me
14. Do not hound current moderators or admins. This is namely referring to the recent influx of unwanted moderator applications. I haven't
[/i]15. You may not post topics asking people to buy an item of yours, nor may you make a topic asking others if they have a certain item you can buy from them.[/i] What about PM?
And I agree with NiKo, awhile ago the forums had dirty banners all over them and that was considered a-ok. Feels like a case of pot-kettle-black to me, it's ok for the owners to have naughty images all over the forums, but it's not ok for forum members to place mild, infact so mild it hardly counts as porn images, in which they get closed.