Thread: stolen avatar
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 09:35 PM   #33
Young David
Bible Nerd

I PM-ed him ... He pm-ed back

Quote:
Originally PM-ed to YD by VA_Rebel_Spies

Sorry about that. A freind gave it to me as well as others. I'll chaneg that.

Rebel
That was yesterday ... I'll give him one day more (it's a shame how bad the english is from some americans).

On the topic of avatar stealing.

Ofcourse obi wan, the matrix code and the ringspell are property of big companies. Yet they allow use of their pictures to a certain degree. Otherwise sites like theforce.net and theonering.net couldn't even exist. For fan reasons limited use of their material is allowed ...

You'd think LG did pay to create the LF banner at the top of this page? No, they didn't (correct me if I'm wrong).

Why do I find this important? Well ... first, making an animated avatar is not as easy as scaling a picture to 70x70 pixels. My basis avatar 'obi.gif' is a frame by frame subtraction from a SW trailer, rescaled, adjusted and made less than 20kb.

the 'obi-matrix.gif' is a whole other story. I've combined two animations with different sizes and frames and made them transparant. Because of increase of motion in the animation I had to drop some frames and decrease the quality a bit. After that it took some color adjustment (like the obi-ring.gif avatar, it needs more blue) to coplete it.

Second, the avatar represents me. When people see a post with an animated holo obi-wan next to it, they think of me. There's only one who has that avatar, and that's me. It's kinda like my face on the forum.

So I don't wanna see anyone with that avatar running around here, let alone without asking permission. That's not only for obi.gif, but also obi-matrix.gif, obi-ring.gif and all future variations ...

He ho to the bottle I go
To heal my heart and drown my woe
rain may fall and wind may blow
but there still be many miles to go

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain
and the stream that falls from hill to plain
Better than rain or rippling brook
is a mug of beer inside this Took
Young David is offline   you may: quote & reply,