Thread: Server Setup
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 05:21 PM   #23
MasterAcad
Lurker

SIEGE Settings

Hi I was asked about SIEGE settings this is a new game for JK and looks fun I have not played it yet. Hear are the settings for Siege.

// gametypes
// 0 = FFA
// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament
// 4 = POWER DUEL
// 6 = TEAM DEATHMATCH
// 7 = SIEGE
// 8 = CTF
set g_gametype 7
set g_autoMapCycle 1
map mp/siege_desert
//EOF

This is the simple way to set it up.
But do I use the simple way no I must always do things the hard way how about you?
hear are my settings for Siege the more complex way.

set d1 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_desert ; set nextmap
vstr d2"
set d2 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_hoth ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_korriban ; set nextmap vstr d1"
// start the first map
vstr d1

Still not done you can add difernet setting per map this way by add set comands in each line like this.

set d1 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_desert ; set g_speed "275"; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_hoth ; set g_speed "300"; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_korriban ; set g_speed "250"; set nextmap vstr d1"
// start the first map
vstr d1
//EOF

the above added settings are for g_speed settings per map will change speed in each map as listed Cool you can add as many settings as you want per map this way tell me you have no controle in your server invirement now. Try setting your g_saberDamageScale per map Saber Damage is just what it sounds like you controle the amount of sever saber damage you want. And how about the g_weaponDisable and the g_forcePowerDisable camands if you think certain maps are best used with certain wepons are force powers set them and have fun the amount of changes is up to you. yes there are other settings needed for differant game types but I hope this has opened up some eyes as to what can be done. Again forgive any miss spelled words.

Who wants to live for ever.
MasterAcad is offline   you may: quote & reply,