Thread: Server Setup
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #24
MasterAcad
Lurker

Running the server and client on the same computer

you need to have your dedicated server on a different port, than your Jedi Knight 3 client so in the command line of your shortcut it would look like the following :

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jampDed.exe" +set net_port 29071 +exec server.cfg

see the +set net_port I changed it to 29071 cuz JK3 is using 29070 by default, this is why you cant see any servers while yours is up. There you go, have fun.. I cant get to see it listed tho but people are connected to it.. I can connect to my server too, to play with others.. I just cant see it into the free for all listing.... bah. needs a patch.. master server is screwed up.

I did not write the artical above and could not find a name of the person that left it but it is very good and to the point about what says the only addition I will add is copy your base director to another location as several file are used by both server and client and it well cause a crash if you dont also make sure the server port is open as it has been changed to 29071 from 29070. You no longer have to forward 29070 if you change it to 29071. Thanks to the person who did the artical that I have now posted for you.

Who wants to live for ever.
MasterAcad is offline   you may: quote & reply,