View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 02:41 AM   #15
Psynex

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Halcyon
I have gotten the sabers to appear in the game but on the menue and in my hand the colors are gone and are either black or solid gray what do i need to do to get the correct textures for my JO sabers that i want to use

Thanks
That's because either the skin file doesn't point to correct directory, the skin is missing from the correct directory, or you didn't import the .skin file in MD3View before making it a GLM. The skin file must point to \models\weapons2\my_saber\ directory and imported to MD3View to work. You will get an error in MD3View, but the skin file will be tied to the mesh correctly and tell it where the texture is.

Aaron Halcyon: I don't agree with your method because it replaces existing sabers. You should create your own .sab files so your custom sabers can be added to the list of existing sabers. You can even just make saber mods of the sabers that are already there without providing a new mesh. Just make a .sab file and set a whole bunch of different attributes and give it a new name.
Psynex is offline   you may: quote & reply,