View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 03:42 AM   #115
recombinant

sorry... i've been out of the loop here for some time, but this project sounds like it has a lot going for it. I'd like to assist if possible.

It seems to me that if you're going to create an "Open Jedi Project" then it should actually be open, in line with the concepts of Open Source. If it's not really open then it's probably a good idea to call it something else. Additionally it would be necessary to give consideration to the Raven/LA license. However, as wudan mentioned, definitely requires management of the changes, but the changes would be subject to approval, etc.

I'm sure you already know this, but with regard to CVS, it's quite a radical change of concepts from VSS. I've been a VSS user/admin for quite a while now, and we're moving to CVS in our organization. The idea is that you don't actually check out files like in VSS... a "check out" in CVS is akin to a Get in VSS, which can be a bit confusing. The merge happens after you work on the file locally.

But getting back to the concepts of the project, it sounds like it's going to be a great asset to the mod community.

recombinant | lead programmer
---------------------------------------------
Dark Forces Mod for Jedi Academy
http://darkforces.jediknight.net
#dfmod @ irc.gamesurge.net
#jkacoding @ irc.quakenet.org
recombinant is offline   you may: quote & reply,