Thread: Black and White
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 01:09 AM   #1
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Black and White

Rebecca Young paced the bridge of her newest ship, which she had not yet named. For some reason, she had wanted it painted white... dumb idea. On the view screen, she could see the immense Star Destroyer approaching. They had not hailed yet and she was getting impatient, waiting for them to make a move.

Finally, she was hailed.

"Rebecca Young," the officer said. "This is Captain Vonn of the Death Strike. You have 30 seconds to lower your shields and prepare to be boarded."

"I don't appreciate your lack of manners, Captain," Rebecca snapped. She suddenly launched her ship into an attack on the Star Destroyer.

Captain Vonn's eyes widened.

"Does she really think she can get away with that?" he exclaimed. "We're 15 times her size!"

"Sir!" a voice exclaimed. "She's actually doing a great deal of damage."

"Return fire!" Vonn shrieked. The other man winced.

"We can't lock on to her," he yelled. "She's too fast!"

Meanwhile, in a galaxy far far away, Melissa Long was pacing the bridge of her ship, the Dark Raven. She saw on the view screen the approaching Borg ship, but knew what they would do.

"We are the Borg," they said. "You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

"So predictable," Melissa said. The Dark Raven lept into action at Melissa's command, attacking the Borg ship.

________

The Star Destroyer began to retreat.

________

The Borg began to retreat.

Suddenly, the two larger ships, the Borg and the Star Destroyer collided in some unknown, unexplained accident. Both exploded in a bright fireball. Melissa and Rebecca shielded their eyes against the explosion. When they recovered their eyes, they stood staring at each others ships.

Other than color, they were exactly alike!

Rebecca hailed Melissa and at the same time, Melissa hailed Rebecca.

"Who are you?" they asked in unison.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,