Thread: I love you guys
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 11:56 PM   #22
JofaGuht

Perhaps this Emily is much like a government or religion getting people to conform to the normal ways. Now the question is, is the poem literal in emotion or perhaps was the writer trying to show absurdity. Hey, maybe Emily IS a polotician....or a deity. That would be messed up if my girlfriend was a deity. I'd like....write a book about it or somthing. I wonder if it would do well in stores. I could like do a signing and be all like, yo, worship her. I could start a cult for worship and let them give money to me...i mean her. The symbol would look like this &*).

Next question for discussion...When did that last paragraph that I wrote begin to be absurd? Also, was it absurdity or just plain bull****? The answer lies within the reader's mind.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,