View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 09:26 PM   #10
Erzengel
Lurker

Re: Getting at the skins in Kotor....?

Quote:
Originally posted by eidospsogos
does anyone know why, when neverwinter knights is so mod-friendly, kotor would be so d@mn restrictive with this?
Because, as Chris Priestly said,
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Priestly
as for moding, neither BioWare nor Lucasarts support it (to the best of my knowledge), we do not encourage it, and if anyone sends me a bug about a game that they have modded, I will ignore it as the game's integrity has been compromised.
He also said that NWN was a "special" case because it was designed to be modified, that half of the game was the ability to modify it. KotOR wasn't. That's why it's so "d@mn" restrictive.

And this is unconfirmed, but I've also noticed that not a single Lucas Arts published game is openly modifyable. This is probably because it's more difficult to design a game that doesn't break or become unbalanced when modded, and to help protect the copyrights and trademarks of the Lucas brandnames (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc).

I understand your desire to modify it, and I share your desire. I'm just letting you know the facts. And if you find a skinning and modelling tool for KotOR, I'd love to get it.

Last edited by Erzengel; 12-01-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Erzengel is offline   you may: quote & reply,