View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 03:27 AM   #119
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Strange.. Idol? Im not sure, but if God viewed it as an idol, then maybe he would wanted it gone? But it wasnt worshiped... it was symbolic. Why did you use the word idol?
Have you not seen the news clips where people were infront of it praying and bowing?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel
Ah ah ah. Hypocrisy. Then by default no law can be passed banning Christian Christmas symbols in New York high schools while leaving symbols of Islam and Judaism intact.
If they have any religious symbols it is against the law.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel
A teacher can't even give out fuggin candy canes!

ACLU: "OH SWEET BIN LADEN SAVE US! Candy canes favor Christianity! BAN THEM BY TIMING COMPLAINTS SO SECULARIST JUDGES GET IT! BAN THEM NOW!"
uhmm... how is a candy cane related to christianity? It was originally made just as a normal candy but eventually people used them to put on the Tree to count down the days until christmas.

These tired traditions are what make me despise the holiday hub-bub. -_-
People then end up associating freeish things with certain religions, I remember in the 80's when they made the Christmas marshmallows, and for a while (up until about 93') alot of people associated marshmallows with Christmas because it was frequently used in hot cocoa but then they kind of gave up that thought.

Oh, and Christmas is more commercial than religious now anyways.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,