Thread: Black and White
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 02:43 PM   #5
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Here's some more for you Sorry it's taken me so long.

Melissa landed on the earth side of the new planet, wondering what to do. She was walking along, still mindlessly thinking about what she had just seen up in space when she heard a familiar voice calling to her.

“Melissa!” Admiral Kathryn Janeway called. Melissa had met the Admiral when she was still captain of the USS Voyager. Melissa had been chasing the same Maquis ship that Voyager had been because it held the man who had killed her parents. All three ships had been removed to the Delta Quadrant and their crews had combined. When Melissa saw the man who had killed her parents, she was outraged and drew one of her daggers and placed it at his throat, threatening to kill him. It didn’t matter to her that he was now the first officer on board.

Chacotay explained that he hadn’t known they were her parents. They were attacking his crew and he was simply protecting himself. After hearing this, she put her dagger away, still angry at him, but not enough to kill him. In time, he would save her life and win her trust and friendship.

Admiral Janeway caught up with Melissa and gave her a hug. “I didn’t expect you back so soon,” Janeway said.

“I ran into something unusual,” Melissa replied. She explained the meeting with Rebecca and Janeway frowned.

“Yes,” she said. “We’ve heard rumors that some unknown beings have taken over the other half of the planet. The people living on the edge are distrustful, thinking that a full invasion is coming. If that is the case, we won’t survive. These newcomers simply appeared no more than an hour ago.”

“What if they are feeling the same way about us?” Melissa suggested. “From their point of view, we might have been the ones to take over half the planet.”

“If that’s the case,” Janeway replied, “we’re running out of time to be friendly. If the distrust continues, it won’t be long before we’ve got a full out war on our hands.”

“Not something I’d be interested in,” Melissa said. Janeway agreed.

Rebecca landed in the hangar of the Jedi Temple. It had been rebuilt when the New Republic reclaimed Coruscant and Rebecca was relieved that it had not been wiped out in this odd event. But she had no time to think of it now. She had a meeting with Master Luke Skywalker.

She found him in a room with several other students. Seeing her, Luke quickly dismissed the students, but one stayed behind. Rebecca shot the girl a questioning glance and directed the same glance at Luke.

“Miss Rebecca Young,” Luke said, “I’d like you to meet one of my students, Alyssa Renolin Solo. She is my adopted niece and was one of the first people to make contact with somebody from the other half of the planet. Why don’t you tell her what happened, Alyssa?”

“The people seemed very frightened to see an unknown ship fly over their heads,” Alyssa said. “When I realized I was no longer on Coruscant, I landed immediately. Almost before I landed, a large group had surrounded me and I felt somewhat nervous. They told me to let them take my ship so they could analyze it. I told them I wasn’t going to simply let them take it and took off to come back here.”

“So the people are very cautious about us,” Luke said. "Perhaps you didn't handle the situation as well as you could have."

Alyssa nodded in agreement and Rebecca told him of her meeting with Melissa and he frowned. “What do you think, Alyssa?”

“It sounds as if we think they have taken over a part of our planet,” Alyssa said. “On the other side, some people might be thinking we took over their planet. It’s a dangerous situation.”

“You and this Melissa seem to have friends in high places of the government,” Luke said. “Perhaps the two of you can initiate some kind of peace treaty between us before words turn to blows.”

Rebecca agreed and turned to leave. This was one complicated situation.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,