View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 09:20 PM   #29
Orca Wail
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush122
Orca: Dracula? I tried to read it, but epistolary novels don't do it for me. I lean towards more modern writers like good ol' Raymond Chandler or Philip K. Dick or Stephen King or George Orwell or Willie Shakespeare (old, but in a sense very modern)...well, you get the jist of it. To me, Dracula seemed to beat waaayyy around the bush. Though there were some creepy moments, that's for sure. It's been a while (and I always read it half-paying-attention, so forgive my memory) but that bit about the guy with the freaky designer drug problem and how he's all INJECTION! INJECTION! BLAAAHAHAH!.......that one got me good. At least, that's what I think it was. Now I gotta go and pull out the passage...
But I like beating around the bush...

WTF designer drug problem? what version did you read?

Whatever. I've been out of reading for a while, but I'm coming back. Yes, Stephen is the King. A friend of mine lent me "From a Buick 8" and it is the first book I have read that made me physically sick (i just sorta gagged...this time...)

Meh. I always feel bad for you check-out folks...even with barcodes...

ANNOYING STORE STORY...

Mother was angery cause I ripped a pillow case. So when a snow day came along, she said GO TO JCPENNY'S AND GET A PILLOW CASE. And I'm like umm...is that safe?Its snowing.. She said YES.
Lucky for me, my dad happend to be working nights that day and had errands to run of his own. He was unable to enter JC Penny's, however, for his gender repels him from that place. I've never seen a male willingly enter JC Penny's.

Cutting to the chase...

I finally find the pillow-case and run to the checkout island-thing. There's one guy working there, and he looks half-stoned. And irratated. Then I see why...

The lady in front of me has literaly, i swear to heaven, a pile of men's pants almost 3 feet tall. She had at least 20 pairs of mens cheap underwear and atleast 15 generic look-nice mens shirts. She explains it by saying she cleaned out her sons/husbands/brothers/deranged monkey's closet. I can only imagine the man's reaction...
....so anyway...minutes pass....
A twisting line snakes around the checkout island. The lady is smilin'...my argravation tank is threating to blow up...the checkout guy runs into trouble and goes upstairs for help. The pillowcase, in its plastic casing, suddenly feels very heavy.

Then they open up a line for people who were only waiting 5 minutes...I hate it when they do that...

The lady paid almost $800 and made three trips for her purchases. Jesus in heaven...

I finally got out, pillow case, brain and all. I was in there for almost a half hour. My dad was all like WTF happened?
I said get me home...NOW...

Orca Wail is offline   you may: quote & reply,