View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 10:43 PM   #20
Feanaro

The Bible is the word of God. it is "God-breathed" through humans to write down exactly what it is supposed to say. So God told man what to write so therefore is true.
Quote:
if a film has that much of an effect on your faith then it can't have been very strong to start with. but the film has almost no bearing on the truth of the matter. Lots of people stated that they cried in ROTK, but that doesn't make it true... just well and powerfully told.
Have you ever seen a movie or read a book or article that gave you stregnth or insiration? It is not a weak faithed person who can get inspiration from a book or movie. It couldv'e have been God's intension for obi-wan 13 to see this movie and gain stregnth from it. That could be my purpose to stregnthen others who are confused or losing their way. God works in mysterious ways.
Quote:
I don't see why everyone believes that Jesus went through absolute torture for us. Sure, he spent three days in absolute agony. But it was only three days, a relatively very short period of time. Now, if he was in hellish torture forever for our sins..then he did make a sacrifice.
I would like to see anyone to be beaten till almost dead. Flogged so flesh is ripped from your body, and a crown of thorns shoved onto your head. To be berely recongnized as human. Then to be nailed to a cross hand and feet and placed on a hill for all to see youy die, where the only way you could breath was to actually lift yourself up while having a nail piercing your feet. All because you want people some one who has never done anything for you, or thought twice about you to live in heaven away from death and pain. And because you love them. Now if you're telling me that thats not enough for salvation, that being in agony for you and me and to not suffer as long as some think, than i'm sorry. I hope that one day understanding will come to all.

Feanaro is offline   you may: quote & reply,