View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 09:00 PM   #15
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by TheHobGoblin
They complain about Bush like little babies, [...] All I hear is [...] blah blah, waa waa crap, why isn't my steak ready, blah blah, yadda yadda." I would turn to Jerry Springer to hear that.

Don't focus on bad mouthing the guy your against, focus on what your going to do.
Okay. Take some of your own advice

I'm going to vote. And... I'm going to point out the failures and evils of the Bush admin.
[list=1][*]The economy tanked.[*]Nearly 600 American lives wasted in a war we shouldn't have been involved with.[*]Civil liberties threatened by the very legislations that claim to "protect the American way of life."[*]Jobless rate is far higher than it could be.[*]No Child Left Behind is a joke.[*]Gitmo[*]Social capital blown among the worlds nations.[*]Pollution/environmental controls ignored.[*]Corporations abandoning the American worker in favor of 3rd world labor that they can have for pennies.[*]Illegal Immigrant amnesty that is causing a sharp increase in border violations along the Mexican border.[*]Harken Energy hpocrisy[*]So-called Tax Cuts[*]National Budget misdirection in 2004 State of the Union speech[*]Deceiving the American public about the Iraqi threat and the weapons of mass deception.[*]Step & Fetch attitude toward the so-called "religious right."[*]and so on.[/list=1]

Fire Bush. Vote Kerry.

Here's a couple of links that discuss the issue of Bush Campaign Ads Using 9/11, followed by a selection of quotes from each link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/v-p...p-148587c.html

The Bush reelection campaign yesterday unveiled its first three campaign commercials showcasing Ground Zero images, angering some 9/11 families who accused President Bush of exploiting the tragedy for political advantage. [...] "It's a slap in the face of the murders of 3,000 people," said Monica Gabrielle, whose husband died in the twin tower attacks. "It is unconscionable."

Both ads reinforce the Ground Zero imagery with frontal shots of two firefighters. Unlike the paid actors and actresses in most of the footage, they are not ringers, but their red headgear gives them away as non-New Yorkers. The Bush campaign declined to reveal where the burly smoke-eaters actually work.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3534533.stm

"It's totally disgusting," said Dawn Peterson, whose brother died in the attack on the World Trade Center.

A White House spokesman defended the election ads, saying they emphasised Mr Bush's leadership at a time of terror. [...] "September 11th was a defining moment for our nation," spokesman Scott McClellan said.

BBC Washington correspondent Rob Watson says President Bush is campaigning on the basic pitch that you don't change leaders during a time of war.

"What I think is distasteful is that the president is trying to use 9/11 as a springboard for his re-election."

"I don't have a problem with his pointing to his leadership at that time," one woman, who lost her sister, told Reuters.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4420934/

More than a dozen families who lost relatives in the Sept. 11 attacks released a letter Saturday declaring their support for President Bush and his use of images of the destroyed World Trade Center in campaign ads.

The “Open Letter to America,” signed by 22 people who lost loved ones in the trade center, comes as other victims’ families asked that the ads be pulled from the airwaves. The spots also show firefighters carrying a flag-draped stretcher.

“How this administration handled that day, as well as the war on terror, is worthy of discussion. And I look forward to discussing that with the American people,” he [Bush] said.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice

Last edited by SkinWalker; 03-06-2004 at 09:29 PM.
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,