View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #42
SkinWalker
Anthropologist

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowTemplar
BTW, Skin: WTF does GOP stand for? You've used it several times. GOvernment in Power?
The Grand Old Party.

Sorry... I forget that not everyone gets some of the little nuances of American government.

The GOP is the Republican Party in general. Within this party are moderates that lean more toward the left and hard-liners that lean more toward the right. The latter are usually referred to as "conservatives" and used like this: "conservative republican." Though, in the last 10 years or so, a new group of hardliners have emerged that are known as the neo-conservatives and they clearly have an agenda that is bad for the country.

Much of their agenda is secretive, yet one can infer it from their policies and actions by watching the members of this club in action (Rumsfeld, Cheney, Ashcroft, Wolfowitz, Pearle, et al).

There are those that believe that George W. Bush is simply their little "bitch-boy" and their means of maintaining power. I'm not sure I agree with that, however.

A Hot Cup of Joe - My Blog

Not finding an intellectual challenge in the Swamp? Try the Senate Chambers!

Evolution and How We Know It's Right - Post your thoughts!
Debate Strategies & Tactics - Polish your online debate skills and offer your own advice
SkinWalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,