View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 11:05 PM   #1
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

The more disturbing issues of our time: Bouncing Boobs

Ah, here we are, yet again. Ok, let's cut to the chase.

First and foremost, I was directed by one of the moderators to post here - but if this isn't the material for this forum, please move it with a notice on where it's going - thank you

In the "Yoda's Swamp" forum, a person with a handler name "gorganfloss" has made a post, and after they made their post, their avatar was revealed to be a female anime character in the form of a .gif that had been jumping up and down, and in the focus of this avatar, were her big, large or humongous and presumably very soft, breasts. (< Note my opinion of thinking there's nothing wrong with describing breasts or any other part of the human body, re-stated below)

Now, this avatar was removed by a moderator, because they found it to be a... problem. Here's a quote anyway.

Quote:
Cartoon clothed boobies are fine, so long as they are not bouncing. The bouncing avatar was discussed by all the mods and admins the first time it reared it's ugly head, and there was an outbreak of them, and we all agreed that it was not appropriate for this forum and degrading to women. Same way a bouncing penis avatar would not be allowed.

I know the concept of degrading to women is not familiar to a lot of you sexists.

If you have anything else to say about it, oh dear, we don't care.
Now, I'd like to break that down, but not starting from the top.

Quote:
If you have anything else to say about it, oh dear, we don't care.
Now, it's quite possible I am mistaken, but I hoped that a member's opinion counted, especially due to the fact that many moderators are picked from amongst the membership, and are (hopefully) rated according to past behaviour, and expressed opinions. So I was kind of hoping the above is not true, but I guess that's up to the admins to decide. If that's true, then I assume this thread can and will be closed with no replies.

Anyway, on a chance that isn't true - I'll continue

Quote:
Cartoon clothed boobies are fine, so long as they are not bouncing. The bouncing avatar was discussed by all the mods and admins the first time it reared it's ugly head, and there was an outbreak of them, and we all agreed that it was not appropriate for this forum and degrading to women. Same way a bouncing penis avatar would not be allowed.

I know the concept of degrading to women is not familiar to a lot of you sexists.
Okay, I was hoping to get an answer on why the still boobs were okay, but the bouncing ones weren't? All in all, they're the same, it's just that the bouncing ones take attention to themselves, while they are showing-off how bouncy, and breast-a-licious they are (a mathematical volume thing).

I can understand if it was massively used, how it would be degrading for the forum, but the last time I checked, time does flow, and the only person I saw in this instant to use it, was gorganfloss. Also, I would assume that if many people started using still pictures of drawn, covered up breasts, it would also be degrading the forum, or would I be wrong in that assumption?

However - what I can-not fathom, is how is that picture insulting to women? Unless you are coming from a conservative radical-feminist point of view, which the last time I checked had nothing to do with our position as the human species, I was wondering how that particular part of the human body would be insulting to the same gender? I would assume if someone posted a drawn overweight man (example used because of the gravity issues - where an overweight man is likely to have more fat in his breasts, therefore they would be achieving a very similar reaction in comparison to the female breasts) in a .gif, that the image would be recieving humourous reactions rather than negative ones (werther or not it would be degrading for the forums, should it be mass-used, I do not know).

In my everyday, as well as my internet life, I was always under the notion that breasts themselves, on a female or a male, aren't part of the genital complex. Comparing a penis to breasts is like comparing apples and oranges. It's just not in the same category. For the part of people who like the avatar being sexist - I would have to disagree there, because I like it, and even though I am a sexist, I choose to view the avatar from a standpoint that the human body is a natural thing, no matter which gender is in question.

In any case, that is all I wanted to explore. Thank you for reading.

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: