View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 07:05 PM   #12
toonron
Lurker

I just sent the following letter to pr@lucasarts.com expressing my disappointment in the cancellation of Sam & Max 2. Here's hopin' it helps:

Re: Sam & Max 2 cancellation

I only just recently found out that you've decided to shelve "Sam & Max: Freelance Police" and wanted to write to let you know how terribly disappointed I am.

I'm not a big gamer. But without question, my favorite videogames ever have been the LucasArts Graphic Adventures (i.e. Monkey Island series, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, original Sam & Max, etc.) I've bought and played every one that you've released, and there's never been games that
have made me laugh out loud or that I've enjoyed playing so thoroughly.

Those are also the games that, in my opinion, have set LucasArts apart from other game companies. Lots of different producers have created action-ers, shoot-em-ups, RPG's, etc. But nobody's ever come close to creating a graphic-adventure puzzle-based game that
can compare with the LucasArts titles of the past.

When I'd heard that a sequel to Full Throttle had been shut down, I was disappointed. But I took solace in the fact that the original Full Throttle didn't have the same humor as most of the other LucasArts G-As, and that there was still the sequel to Sam & Max to look forward to.

Now that Sam & Max has been scrapped as well, I guess I won't be buying any new games at all anytime soon.

Should you ever choose to make it available, even if it was only through mail-order or online, please let me know and I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

With my most sincere regret,

Ron Friedman
toonron@yahoo.com
toonron is offline   you may: quote & reply,