Thread: Best Joystick?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2000, 11:03 AM   #18
nova_wolf
Jedi Guardian Fenrir

I have a 8 axis 4 button stick FULLSTOP !
I the end, the only upgrade worthwhile is force feedback FULLSTOP !
Everything else is another annotnace as far as I concerned, distracting me from the battle. All I need is a fire button, and engine control - and I off !
Hat switchs - I SOOO detest them ! They get in the way !
Twist-handles - So what - it actually makes the stick weaker, and more likely to break, and you can start to just.... drift all of a sudden, becuase you forget its there, and you relax your arm...
Throttle controls - I play Right-hand = Joystick, Left-hand = Keyboard. The throttle would mean my left hand getting in the way of my right forearm, which I DONT need.
In the end - its your skill, NOT what your sticks like, cause some 80 Forcefeed back Sidewinder with all the trimmings aint gonna do you no good against me and my A-Wing !

------------------
Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
nova_wolf is offline   you may: quote & reply,