View Single Post
Old 08-13-2000, 11:10 PM   #24
paulbarnard

I would also like to add, by what right do you have to complain about the organization of another group? It works for our group and the type of people we attract (which mostly find it refreshing that we aren't a military group).

Also, according your narrow definition of what a Star Wars group (or at least XWA one) should be, Characters like Talon Karrde, Mara Jade, Booster Terrik, Early stories about Han Solo and Chewbacca, and Lando Calrisian etc would not be true Star Wars because they aren't part of the millitary. Most of the Expanded Universe Exploits of Luke Skywalker wouldn't be considered true star Wars either because he's no longer part of the military (hell the jedi order has less structure than we do). Guess what, I consider Luke, Han, Chewie (rest his soul), Lando, Karrde, Booster, Mirax, and Mara more Star Wars than most things. (I'm not saying Wedge, Tycho aren't, but they haven't played as big a part until recently and actually one whole book in their series they technically weren't part of the millitary).

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
Knight Watch Shipping Corporation
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
  you may: