Thread: The War in Iraq
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #24
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Wow VanLingo, I'm sure glad I have you here to tell me what I do and don't do. Firstly, who would I write letters to? I have no friends in the armed forces, so should I just write a random letter to a random soldier?

And for the record, I bought 5 cans of peaches to be sent to the soldiers in Iraq. I realize that 5 cans really isn't very much, but I'm a college student, and I dont have a lot of spare cash, so instead of buying more goods, I donated time, helping my girlfriend's community service group make gift-baskets for the soldiers.

And now you're thinking "WTF? You said you were against the war in Iraq? OMGWTFBBQCAKE you couldn't have sent soldiers things if you are against the war!!!!!!?!?!?!?!!?"

Oh noes, you caught me. Because it seems that it's impossible to support the troops and NOT support the war they're fighting in. Or IS IT? Just because I think the government is full of liars who started a war based on false pretenses and perpetuated lies convincing us that this war somehow aided our war on terror does NOT mean I do not have immense respect for the men and women who are willing to put their lives on the line for our country.

So, now I'll give you a few minutes to take your foot out of your mouth.

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,