View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 10:13 PM   #190
daltysmilth
Rookie

While this isn't directly related to the site, I thought people might be interested. I'm working on putting together what I call a "Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition" soundtrack CD, to use in lieu of the Monkey Island Madness CD-ROM when you play SOMI using SCUMMvm or Quick & Easy. It will combine the CD tracks from the aforementioned Monkey Island Madness CD with music from the Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island soundtracks. In other words, instead of using, say, the Voodoo theme as heard on the Monkey Island Madness CD, this CD would use the Voodoo theme as heard in Curse of Monkey Island. Of course, I'm not just replacing the old music with the newer music, I'm also editing the tracks together. The opening credits theme, for instance, will be edited together from the opening credits theme from the Monkey Island Madness CD, the Opening theme from Escape from Monkey Island, and the opening credits theme from Curse of Monkey Island. And Stan's theme from SOMI will be replaced from Peter McConnell's Stan theme as heard in EMI.

However, I intend to leave a good portion of the music alone. The Love theme and the End credits theme, as well as both of the LeChuck cutscene cues. (The little "stinger" version of LeChuck's Theme that occurs at the end of the closing credits, I plan to replace with the abbreviated version of the Monkey Island theme from the end of EMI.) For that matter, all of the cutscene cues I'll leave alone.

Now you may ask, why do I do this? Why do I tamper with perfection? And the only answer I can give you is this, I have too much time on my hands and I thought it would be an interesting challenge.

Anyway, Jan, if you're interested in putting my soundtrack up, I could see about uploading you the songs as mp3's. If not, it's cool.

"So Brak, is that Polish? Or... no I suppose it wouldn't be."
--Mike Nelson- MST3K: the Movie
daltysmilth is offline   you may: quote & reply,