View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 08:41 PM   #25
bliSSter
Lurker

well - after much nashing of teeth, i've gotten a server setup as a windows service via "srvany.exe"...i've gotten used to using that instead of firedaemon to shave a bit of overhead and to remote to my primary server via the remote management direct to the win services....

have run into a couple of snags tho::

1.) can't run more than 14 total maps - i'm guessing due to a character limitation in the "AppParameters" string in the registry entry...

2.) still can't establish a direct connection via IP...can see the server via "/lan" game....i can kill that option, but then the server auto-shows via internet games, and my players still can't connect direct...

3.) adding a password caused a failure when my players tried to connect, so i simply set the "/player" option to 3 players and left it at that...

not sure if this makes any sense, as it looks like a lot of peeps here are *nix server admins (don't blame ya - ), but if anyone has any thoughts, please advise...

course - most (if not all) of these items would be non-issues if i could pass a ".ini" parameter to snag all this nfo at the go ala UT2k*...is that even an option?...

- bliSS

PS - i buy all my games retail, but i run alcohol 120% so i don't have to swap my discs all the time...anyone know what copy-protection scheme was used on BF?...
bliSSter is offline   you may: quote & reply,