View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 05:23 PM   #60
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
Is that really true though? Yes, there are many fanatics who want the original version, but I wonder how much of the total customer base really cares? I mean, there are a lot of the younger generation that have more or less "grown up" with the SEs and Prequels. There are many fans who think the SEs are an improvement, and the majority probably don't care one way or the other. I know lots of non-fanatics who perfer the updated effects, and don't remember who shot first.

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying not everyone is demanding the original version.
Ah, but the SE's came out only 7 years ago. So those fans would be what, 13 years old now (at 6 years old in 1997)? Who says the biggest buying fanbase for Star Wars are 13 year olds? EVERYBODY else (who hasn't been living under a rock for the last 27 years) would know about the originals. People who aren't fans won't get what's so great about the prequels either.

Not everyone is demanding the option to buy the originals on DVD, but a sizable enough number of fans are that Lucas is being stubborn in ignoring them (so far).

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn

Last edited by Kurgan; 09-30-2004 at 05:38 PM.
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,