Thread: Jedi Killing
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 01:37 PM   #1
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Post Jedi Killing

Somebody's going to hate me for this I just know it... but dang those Jedi are a tease! So much potential, but they just run around like dorks half the time or just stand around looking moody and blocking stuff.

Oh well. I had a bit of fun messing around trying to get them to do stuff.

It seems that Jedi ignore you when you're in a vehicle for some reason, even if you're attacking them.

Now we all know that Luke and Vader will block blaster bolts (even from vehicles) behind their backs and never take damage. Mace Windu bounces shots off his bald head (even without the saber). He'll also push back rockets. So I tried getting into a Walker and firing at the ground near them. They'd flip around and I'd see a blue "flash" (Force heal?) but they never took damage there either even though they fell flat on their backs from the splash damage of the explosions.

Finally, it hit me. Remember that scene where Luke chops the Speeder in half in ROTJ? Well what if he hadn't been paying attention?

Sure enough, it works! A couple of light bumps will do the job or pickup some speed and WHOOMP (too bad it doesn't have quite the effect it does say in Jedi Academy, but oh well).

Here I ran over Lord Vader (that's for choking my buddies!):

I went to Geonosis and tried to get Dooku and Mace together to see if I could get them to fight. Mace would follow me (mad that I kept shooting at him with my blaster even if it didn't hurt him), but Dooku would just run away! What a pansy...

So he gets away (just like in the movie). In quite good shape for an old guy too! Always jogging. Anyway, I had to get rid of the Sam Jackson's avatar, so I get into my Wheel Droid:

Smoosh!

It seems the Wheel Droids, Speeders and bikes can run over the Jedi and kill them easily. But sadly you can't stomp on them with Walkers. : (

Anyway, I really think they need to fix the Jedi, along with the rest of the AI in the next patch. Hey, if they think the AI is too good, make it a new difficulty level, like "Extra Hard" or something.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,