View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 02:48 PM   #44
hatelull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by LoQ
True, but take a look at the posts. The PS2 and X box users seem to be satisfied while most of the PC users are quite unhappy with this game. The pc community for SWBF is nowhere as strong as communities for games such as BF42, Half Life, UT, Jedi Academy, etc. In my opinion (and it is just MY opinion so don't bother flaming me if you all don't agree with it), chances are the pc version of the battlefront community probably won't survive nearly as long as the others without these modding tools. If it wasn't for news of an upcoming patch a lot of players (including myself) would have moved on to other more exciting and much better built online multiplayer games for the PC.
The developers have to release the modding tools, or it's all just a pipe dream. Furthemore, there has to be serious groups willing to put in the time to get those projects up and off the ground. I dread the 20 million "HEY GUYZ I'VE GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR A BATTLEFRONT MOD. IT HAS TO DO WITH STORMTROOPERS AS PIRATES AND THE REBELS AS NINJAS. WE'LL PROBABLY DO SOMETHING COOL WITH VEHICLES AND HAVE CHINESE STARS AS A WEAPON TYPE!!!! NE1 INTERESTED SHOULD EMAIL ME. IF YOU HAVE CODING SKILLS THAT'S A PLUS BUT GRAPHIC ARTISTS AND PEOPLE THAT WANT TO GIVE INPUT LET ME KNOW!!!"
posts that are bound to happen if and when the tools or source is released.

Besides, to have people working a mod on non-finished product would just be a frustrating and horrid task. I'd rather Pandemic release a proper patch and THEN let the modders come in.
hatelull is offline   you may: quote & reply,