View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 01:27 AM   #444
Wudan
Got Balance?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
well if you've ever seen a person fire a weapon you'd know that their hand doesn't 'detach' persay from the other hand like it does there.
Well met, Hellfire Jedi. I knew your criticism would fall upon me one day.

I'm not altogether sure you know what you're looking at. It's not an animation, at least, it's not just an animation.

It's the first animation I've ever made, nobody taught me how to make it, nobody showed me how to do it. It took work. Hard work. The program that it was made in was written by myself, and the animation is flawed as a result. I have the power to fix it.

The end-result looking anything like something you MIGHT want to use in a game is akin to a guy using a pick-axe on a block of marble and ending up with something that looks at least similar to Michelangelo's David: It's amazing to me.

I started writing this program about 2 years ago: I started learning to program about 2 years ago. I have had no mathematical training beyond Trigonometry and yet I was able to teach myself how this stuff works. I asked for help but no one knew how to help me. I forged ahead, blindly, never knowing if it would really pan out. It turns out everything I hypothesized as possible is, in deed possible.

I've hit a million roadblocks and kept going. I'm so bloody close to the end of this first leg of the race that I'm exhausted.

So, yeah, if you don't like the animation, well, that's just dandy. It can be fixed.

Mt-Wudan.com
I made a silly little program called Dragon, which is an animation tool for the GLA format, used in Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy and Krakatoa.
Wudan is offline   you may: quote & reply,