View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 12:19 AM   #128
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
HOLY ****ING ****, I SUBMITTED A HUGE POST AND IT GOT EATEN BECAUSE I INCLUDED TOO MANY SMILES. I AM HAVING A BAD DAY. X_X

Okay, BD:

Quote:
Originally posted by BattleDog
((Red, whats the name for that last move? "Prat with stick hits Swordmaster's blade" WTF? If you ever make one of my characters look like a prat again I'll confine all you're extradimentionals in pan-universe customs check points for smugglings shoddy fighting styles into my galaxy! ))
In short, because I don't want to bloody type all this again:

1) Hal's attacker was the strongest of the enemies. Many times stronger than Hal. He disarmed him through main force. [I assume 'low guard' meant he was parrying. I would've asked, but you were gone, and Admiral would have killed me if I'd waited. XP] Sure it didn't have much style, but sometimes the simple way is the most efficient way to go.

2) Just so you know, any normal weapon would have been shattered, which is what the tank-guy was going for.

3) A small note on an earlier event, Hal's first attack would've caused problems if he had tried it on anyone else there. But he picked the Tank, encased in ridiculously thick armor. So, nope. [I DO carefully read description posts. ]

Deac, wondering if Gortick kept the sword that the ork stabbed him with. It's shiny, at the very least. Oh, and post, goddammit.

Admiral, see PMs.

Scar, post, goddammit.

I expected more people to have comments and/or complaints, because I got as close to borderline godmoding as I ever have. Or maybe people are still reading my post and haven't even quite caught up yet?

I should've had the attack all happen in one post, with the element of surprise eliminating everyone's chances to react. Although that would've been a bitch to write, it would've been less complicated. Anyone who wants to write a super-powered-bad-guys scene in five posts or less, take note.

Speaking of super-powered, note that the group's attackers are superior to the group in the same way that any of our characters from Cantina could kick the asses of any of our characters here. Everyone is still inexperienced or underpowered or both. [Or simply extra-flawed.] SO FAR. These villains would be about on equal footing with the Cantina characters.

With the exception of Admiral's characters (Gerd is even superior to her C13 version), which is why they survived pretty much unscathed.

Thoughts?

This bloody post better not get eaten this time.

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,