View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 05:03 PM   #50
Leper Messiah
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
You have to keep in mind that there are several years of time between the Galactic Civil War and the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Not just time, peace time. The galaxy has been at war for decades, the New Republic has been at war since it was created. When you finally add peace into the equation, it is logical that the needs of the government would change drastically, and thus that the government itself would change drastically. To see that there has been a lot of change, just think about this: could you imagine Fey'lya as Chief of State during HoT or Gavin Darklighter as leader of Rogue Squadron during the X-Wing series?
thats not what i mean, names of departments of the government are always changing. I havnt read the EU in a while i dont rememer Leia's actual title being Chief Of State, i thought she was President. Departments of the New Republic government that do the same thing are given different names all the time. As i said before the Senate seems to change its description every book. Im not talking about storyline changes, just plain coninuity errors

avatar and sig pic by TiE 23, a legend among fanboys!
Leper Messiah is offline   you may: quote & reply,