View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 07:29 PM   #66
FK | unnamed
Forumite

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrin
Um...i'm a member of JASA, it's a good clan. Organized, fun, fair, and has a good host(Chosen) running it. I believe were pretty fair...no admin's perfect, and i rlly doubt one of our admin kicked u for killing him....though it's possible. And about u being good...maybe u are....cool. That's not a useful quality compared to personality, but it can be fun. Once you've gotten real good though, there's nothing left but to gloat about it. I believe the fun in the game IS training, and losing so u can see your flaws and improve upon them. That's what's makes it fun. And about u being absent from the game for a long time, and still being able to beat us? Well....after awhile of doing anything, it becomes something u know by heart....english for example. Though after a year, it's possible u might be a bit off...but in short time, it'll all come back to u like everything else. And about Lanfear replying to everything u say so he can save himself or w/e u said...ur doing exactly the same thing...not that i won't, which I probably will. Both guns AND sabers require skill, though IMO, saber requires the most, with force powers at the bottom. I think alot of servers have disabled force because they are tired of ppl misusing gripkick so often. I rlly have to say, it gets annoying when someone repeats something over and over again. And you call a whole clan n00bs.....from what it sounds like, there were only a few members that supposedly mistreated u. Most of us are good ppl who like to have fun and play this game. Well, this is all just my opinion on this thread. I probably didn't organize this post well, i'm tired and too lazy to remember EVERYTHING u guys said to eachother. And yes.....I read the whole thing......how nerdy of me. And BTW, RPGing is quite fun actually. I don't know if you've ever tried it, but it allows you to share your imagination with other ppl, and to meld it with other ppl imagination to make something beautiful and enjoyable...except when there are admin abusers, lamers, or ppl who rlly suck at RPGing :P

It's a shame there are not more open-minded guys like you in the jk2/ja community.
If there were, a lot of us "competitive" players would not have moved on to various other games.
Most of us (including myself) loved the jk series but absolutely hated the bitter, whiny community that populated it.

For us, the "fun" was in trying to be the best at what we did, hands down.
We competed against like minded people non-stop across various gaming leagues and ladders, both here in the States and even some European leagues.
And as I'm sure you could guess, when a person spends about 99.9% of their time playing the best players on the globe, they get good.

Really good.

I'm not saying that to brag or put anyone down, but in jk2 (and even my brief time in ja) I found the average "public server clan/player" to be nothing even close to what I would call a challenge.

The reason I'm saying this is I want to try and show you why a lot of "us" tend to "mess with the public server crowd".

It's been this way since day one in jk2:
We just log onto a server for a game, we never say a word... but as usual we get screwed with just for being better than the average public server player.
I'm not talking about the usual "hack" cries you hear in gaming in general; I'm talking about vile, bitter newbie rage that almost always degrades into personal/sexual/racial attacks.

I can't even begin to recall the number of times I found myself (hell I've posted countless demos here on these forums) being put to sleep, slapped, frozen, turned into a wombat, racially insulted, and just generally treated like crap... all for the crime of bursting a public server player's ego bubble and showing him there are far better players out there than he knew about.

Now don't get me wrong, a lot of competitive players are *******s, I'll be the first to admit it.

But guys like media (and myself when I played this game) just want to log on, get in some good games and have fun.
But it's almost like we have to deliberately screw up and play half-assed just to make it through a session without being insulted or screwed with via some admin mod command.

After a while, it just gets old so we start "messing with you people" as well.
Hence you start seeing "ownage" demos of clans being posted, players being publicly made fun of, etc.

It's really no different than the way we are treated by most clans/players on public servers.

I'm not saying it makes it right, but long story short, it's just a case of "screw with me, I screw with you".

http://www.crossoveresports.com

Last edited by FK | unnamed; 12-20-2004 at 08:57 PM.
FK | unnamed is offline   you may: quote & reply,