View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #33
Current Game: nethack
10 year veteran!  Forum Veteran 
Originally posted by Alien426
How far did you get with your engine? You mentioned that you won't develop it any further, but do you have a demo to download? What else are you working on?
...well, i kind of lost interest... it isn't really far, it loads stuff from a xml-like file and you can navigate using the arrow-keys... the alpha-stuff works though it's ineffectively and slow (high cpu usage)...

...and it'll currently only compile on linux (or other unix systems, given there's a libdl and x11)...

...if you want you can download it there:
...but beware, the code is quite messy...

...i worked a bit on my v4l console radio application ( ) and filed a debian rfp (request for package) bug report (i already debianized the source) and hope that it will be integrated in debian sid...

...atm i work on a file ripper under linux (but it's supposed to become portable), since i always liked mrip ( ) became open source recently, but it's mainly written in clipper and it's completely messy, so i thought writing a new ripper from scratch would be nifty...

...looking in my c-directory, i see alot of started but never finished stuff, like several attemps at a rpg-thingy (2 times with svgalib, 1 time with x), a "3d-engine" (really, really basic stuff, nothing useable), two modplayers (amiga-soundmodules, 1 try in c, one in c++... they work (for 4 channel "m.k."-style mods), but they use far to much cpu)... i often start something, then get another idea, leave my current "project" behind and start the new idea, so i rarely finish something (in fact, the only project that is kind of finished (as in useable my "normal" people) is my DMCRadio...)...

if(!strcmp(nick, "DrMcCoy") && !strcmp(avatar, "Spock")) return E_INSANE;
DrMcCoy is offline   you may: quote & reply,