View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #20
JofaGuht

Re: Re: Nice try, Lao Che!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabez

95% is not true, but even if it was right, what's wrong with that? Or, when you boil the matter down, what's wrong with "epic and brass"?
Well, it's extremely distracting. The look of the film is already flashy enough to give me a headache. I'm trying to listen to the dialogue here.

And not all of it is epic and brass, though I still think a lot of it is. Either way, the music's always there. It never leaves. It never gives you a break. And mostly, it doesn't serve the purpose of just adding texture or emphasis to the movie...it stands out too much. Sometimes it felt like the music was there just for the sake of being there (FELT LIKE, by the way. Just wanted to clear that up before someone called me on it.)

It also could do with conditions. For example, I watched The Two Towers on the small TV in my room. It was only a little noticable then. But, in a movie theatre, it's f*cking unbearable.

And it wasn't just the music that made me have a problem with LOTR. Guybrush stated a lot of those problems for me. Overall, I watch films for escapist and entertainment reasons. Watching LOTR felt like homework.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,