View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 05:16 AM   #22
Kryllith
Hideous Twit

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Windu
In terms of timeline errors and liberties, well then what is the point of setting it just before Ep4?
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing the idea is that people will watch Rise of the Sith and want to know what happened between the end of it and the start of New Hope. Said people can then get EaW and play for themselves (I'm hoping they design some campaigns based around exactly that, even if it's considered EU). Just seems the logical thing given the time of release.

Other than that, I tend to agree with you on various things. Though I'm not going to boycott the game unless there's a x-pack put out, I'd be interested in seeing one. What I'd really like to see is the last remainents of the Republic and Separtists go through the changes which result in the Empire and the Rebellion (ie, we'd see some of their units early on, eventually replaced by those of the OT). I'd love to see a full x-pack based around the time of AotC through RotS (or even earlier, hell I mostly play Gungans anyway).

As it is, I'm kind of disappointed in the fact that resource management has been removed (or is it just resource gathering?). I kind of enjoy that part of SWGB since balancing workers and military could make or break you. I guess I'll just have to see how they handle tech advancements before I form an opinion on it. I'm also sadden that the lack of more than 2 civs will most likely mean that diplomacy features may be completely removed from the game. The features sucked in SWGB as it is, and I was hoping to see some improvement upon them in the followup RTS--not likely to happen now. But then, it's a whole different ballgame, so I guess it's better to have all the info on what the game comprises before making a decision one way or another...

Kryllith

Last edited by Kryllith; 01-25-2005 at 05:29 AM.
Kryllith is offline   you may: