View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 09:32 AM   #30
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Windu
The problem is that I am a much bigger fan of the PT than the OT
And you are in the minority, like it or not.

Quote:
so basically Lucasarts is ignoring PT fans while at the same time restricting the playability of the game.
They just know that there is a bigger market and demand for OT games. They are a business. If the PT was in higher demand, then they would make the game based on that. They do not have some random bias against the PT. They make games that are going to appeal to the widest number of players. And that game is going to have plenty playability for the majority of fans.

Quote:
Prime - with the Republic and Confederacy, I actually developed the concept in my proposed SW RTS, 'Star Wars: Galaxy in Flames' which can be seen at my website using the link in my sig. Anyway, the concept was to have two seperate campaigns, 'Clone Wars' featuring the Republic and Confederacy; and 'Galactic Civil War' featuring the Empire and Rebellion. They would not intermix at all, although a random battle ability to put anyone against anyone would be fun. However in terms of stroyline and campaigns, there would have been no crossover.
Frankly, I don't see why this is not possible, and it shows the lack of interest in fans that Lucasarts has.
Horse****. Lucasarts has an interest in fans because fans = customers. They want to sell games, so they cater to the largest portion, which are primarily OT fans. Not to say there aren't a lot of PT fans (most SW fans are both), but OT games seem to have the biggest attraction. Many do not like the PT. It is the same reason an NJO game will likely never get made. It is a business decision.

And why not have both eras? Time, money, and resources. They are finite. They can only do so much. Taking what they have now for the OT, doing the PT as well would perhaps take twice as long, twice as much money, and double the resources. So there are two options. One is to do both eras, and make a more limited game. The other is to pick one era and make a better game. They chose option 2, and I'm glad they did.

Quote:
With the TIE Crawler, i'm not saying the databank is wrong, i'm saying the whole concept of the vehicle itself is wrong.
Says you. But since it is in the EU, it is fair game.

Quote:
For the names, I have never understood what is wrong with the name 'The Phantom Menace'. I mean really, what is wrong with it? (this is a serious question)
Nothing is wrong with it, just like there is nothing wrong with "Empire at War." I used TPM and AOTC as examples to show that Empire at War is hardly the worst name imaginable as you claim.

Prime is offline   you may: