Thread: Ideas
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #9
Heavyarms
The Buckeye Maneater!!!

Location: America, the Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave!
Quote:
Originally posted by OverlordAngelus
Two features I'd like to see.

First, in Rebellion you could assign characters to ships and planets. It would be good to be able to assign a commander character (Thrawn for example) to a fleet and they would give a bonus.

This would be okay, but I'd rather this not be Generals: Zero Hour, where there is a general for a certain type of force and you just always know what's coming because they limited weapons so much. If this was to happen, I'd like to see a commander give a slight edge to a certain type of unit or something, and not forcing a one-dimensional, who-can-build-the-most-to-overwhelm idea.

Things I'd like to see:

the two groups have a rich diversity of units and such at their disposal, really a lot of different types of units because there's only two sides, also so that anyone can cook up a strategy that really hasn't been thought of yet.

I'd like to see a variety of starfighters for both sides:

TIE Fighter
TIE Interceptor
TIE Bomber
TIE Advanced
TIE Defender
Assault Gunboat

A-Wing
X-Wing
Y-Wing
B-Wing
Z-95 Headhunter

I'd also like sort of easily managable resource system( such as trade vessels that go off the map or something and then come back with resources, or planet ownership) Because when fighting a massive Space/Land campaign I really don't want to monitor resources except if I'm mass producing or the gathering tools are being destroyed. That's all I can think of now...

Proud to be an American.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Edmund Burke
Heavyarms is offline   you may: quote & reply,