View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #51
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Jack and Tara got in the helicopter and sat down. Tara seemed slightly impatient and Jack mentioned it.

"Adam has us separated," she said. "He's taken Troezen now and I wonder if we're likely to get him back. I wanted some leverage when we came to the real world, but it's not happening."

"We've got the intelligence agencies of the country on our side," Jack reminded her. She sighed.

"When it comes down to it, we have Trent," she said. "Knowing the government, they're not going to want anything to do with this squabble. The Game was owned and operated by the two of us... it's a business. If things go wrong in business, government agencies don't do much unless it poses a threat to the country."

"Trent," Jack said. "Don't you think you could pull some strings? We could tell them we're dealing with a terrorist who wants to destroy something of the country."

"Adam's not a terrorist," Tara objected. "He's hurt and will do anything to get what revenge he feels he needs."

"I think you're going to have to be the one to calm him down," Jack said, his voice low. Tara instantly understood what he meant and her face paled.

"I can't pretend to love him!" she exclaimed. "Not after what he's done."

"That plan holds the most promise," Jack objected.

"I can't!" Tara retorted, looking to Trent for support. "I'd end up dead because I couldn't keep up the game."

"You kept up our Game," Jack said, reminding her of the game they had just recently left, the one destroyed by Adam.

"But this is a game of life and death," Tara said, her arguments getting weaker and weaker. She knew it was their best shot at getting Adam. Finally she sighed.

"We don't know where he is," she said. It was her final argument. Jack looked to Trent.

"You have technology to locate people, right?" he said. Tara nodded slowly.

"Fine," she said. "If Trent's equipment can find him, I'll try to play along with this game."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,