View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #11
DrMcCoy

Current Game: nethack
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kj°len
Our belief, anyway, states that the Pope's teachings are infallable.
...Which is, sorry to say that, stupid in my eyes... Nobody is infallible...

Quote:
Now The Pope of course can't teach your Calculus, but his teachings of the church. He was a great man, and his teaching of restrictions, like birth control is simply the Church's belief.
...Which basically means that he's just a puppet...

Quote:
Our belief states that the Pope speaks the word of Jesus Himself, has the power of the Holy Spirit to teach people what God would have wanted.
. . .

Quote:
Never has there been a Pope, even the ones that did horrible things, that taught against the Church. That is what we believe to be Jesus or the Holy Spirit working through the Popes to keep the Church's rules sacred.
...So the horrible things are wanted by the church... Woopidoo...

Quote:
As for a beautified obituary, well who cares about that? It's not the Pope's fault that it was all over TV, so you can't blame him for that.
...I don't blame him, I blame the people... There are thousands of "normal" people dying every day and nobody cares... Then one man with a long and fulfilled life dies and everybody is oh-so-sad...

Quote:
These are our beliefs, you don't have to believe them, so long as you don't bash them.
...I don't have anything against your believes, as long as you don't bug me with them and/or force them upon me...
But reserve me the right to laugh at you when you begin to speak about (what seems to be for me) ridiculous things (you can, of course, laugh at everything you think is ridiculous, if you want to...)...

*shrug*

if(!strcmp(nick, "DrMcCoy") && !strcmp(avatar, "Spock")) return E_INSANE;
DrMcCoy is offline   you may: quote & reply,