View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 11:48 PM   #29
JofaGuht

Quote:
Originally posted by Kj°len
...one of the reasons they die is because no one knows them...
Really? This whole time I was blaming mortality!

Okay, I'm being a smartass...but, though it's probably because I'm not Catholic, I care a lot more about the children in third world countries. And if the pope you're mourning over really was a good pope, then he probably would want me to.

It's kind of like McCoy said....you won't really feel sorry for the one who died but for everybody who lost him. I know this Pope was an icon and role model for a lot of people, so I recognize the fact it was turned into a thread. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. But I just don't wholly agree with the celebrity system, and the networks are overplaying stuff, some, if not all, for ratings. And I don't like that. It's using people's emotions.

Though McCoy and Alien has to cool it. It is being judgmental and discriminatory in a way. A lot people feel bad he died, okay? That's it. And those people aren't to blame for programs being interrupted. As for the whole birth control thing, you guys are just debating about Catholicism in general, and not about the pope.

I, personally, couldn't care less. But I don't think anybody should judge me on that matter. Just like they have a right to care, I have a right to not. A family member of mine is very close to death, and that's way more important to me than some religious celebrity.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,